Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Firefox 4 - ePHOTOzine blisteringly fast

digicammad 11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
25 Mar 2011 12:07PM
Never come across that Pete, sorry.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
25 Mar 2011 12:16PM

Quote:Never come across that Pete, sorry.

hmmm maybe a conflict with something else I have loaded if no one else experiences it.
25 Mar 2011 12:31PM
hm, do you have latest version of flash? It usually updates automatically, but you have to tell it to install.
Alan_Coles 9 176 11 Wales
25 Mar 2011 12:56PM
I am using IE8 and the site seems a lot better today than the previous few weeks which have become unbearable at times. Lets hope it stays like this.
25 Mar 2011 2:02PM
Hold that thought the afternoon shift has arrived...seem a few mice have failed to turn up so the wheels are not moving as fast Sad
25 Mar 2011 2:24PM

Quote:Hold that thought the afternoon shift has arrived...seem a few mice have failed to turn up so the wheels are not moving as fast Sad

hm, odd. Every page i go to seems to completely load within 2-3 seconds. Is there are particular page you are finding slow?
digicammad 11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
25 Mar 2011 2:51PM
No performance problems here
25 Mar 2011 4:46PM

Quote:Hold that thought the afternoon shift has arrived...seem a few mice have failed to turn up so the wheels are not moving as fast Sad

hm, odd. Every page i go to seems to completely load within 2-3 seconds. Is there are particular page you are finding slow?

Hi David,

Sorry for the delay, been waiting for the page to reload...lol. No, seriously popped out to walk the dog. Can't recall exactly what I was doing but most likely skipping through the galleries - I don't do much else. It seems back to the speed I was getting prior to lunch now although my pages take 4/5 seconds to load on average.
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
25 Mar 2011 5:08PM
Ok, I've now got Firefox 4 and IE8 on my PC. FF4 is faster for some sites (EPZ included) and IE8 is faster on some others. But with the majority I can't discern a difference.

So I think it's down to personal preference of design etc. I'm used to IE so I'll stick with that; the final version of IE9 must be imminent though and it will be interesting to test FF4 against that.
cats_123 e2
10 4.2k 25 Northern Ireland
28 Mar 2011 2:01PM
is anyone finding that the `pin as App tab' feature is failing to hold? i.e. it disappears from the toolbar.

(am using W7)
Jestertheclown 6 6.6k 242 England
28 Mar 2011 2:06PM

Quote:`pin as App tab'

What is that?
28 Mar 2011 2:18PM
minimizes the tab to just the icon (favicon). Quite useful for popular social networks or common sites you visit (ie: ePHOTOzine Wink). Only downside in my eyes is if you have more than 1 tab for an 'app' its quite hard to find the right tab for the page your looking for.

looks like it also remembers the tab?
28 Mar 2011 2:24PM
Thanks David but where do I find it?

In a similar vein, I'm currently using an add-on called "Google shortcuts" which allows me to keep a row of favicons on the search toolbar. It's like having a row of bookmarks at the ready. Works a treat too.
The downside is that there's only room for a certain number of them.
28 Mar 2011 2:34PM

Quote:Thanks David but where do I find it?

Found it.

Not sure it's any better than the add-on though.
Does the presence of these tabs nean that the window is open but hidden (minimised?) or do they work in the same way as a favicon which actually opens the app?
Any views?
cats_123 e2
10 4.2k 25 Northern Ireland
28 Mar 2011 2:43PM

Quote:Thanks David but where do I find it?
Found it.

Not sure it's any better than the add-on though.
Does the presence of these tabs nean that the window is open but hidden (minimised?) or do they work in the same way as a favicon which actually opens the app?
Any views?

I think they stay open...have managed to set up half a dozen, but sometimes whne I relaod FF in a morning they have disappeared...seems to retain the `Most Visited' bar ok.....are they treated differently by W7 and removed on close down?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.