Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Firefox 4 - ePHOTOzine blisteringly fast

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
25 Mar 2011 - 12:07 PM

Never come across that Pete, sorry.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
25 Mar 2011 - 12:07 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318434 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
25 Mar 2011 - 12:16 PM

Quote: Never come across that Pete, sorry.

hmmm maybe a conflict with something else I have loaded if no one else experiences it.

davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72303 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
25 Mar 2011 - 12:31 PM

hm, do you have latest version of flash? It usually updates automatically, but you have to tell it to install.

Alan_Coles
25 Mar 2011 - 12:56 PM

I am using IE8 and the site seems a lot better today than the previous few weeks which have become unbearable at times. Lets hope it stays like this.

Alan_Coles
25 Mar 2011 - 2:02 PM

Hold that thought the afternoon shift has arrived...seem a few mice have failed to turn up so the wheels are not moving as fast Sad

davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72303 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
25 Mar 2011 - 2:24 PM

Quote: Hold that thought the afternoon shift has arrived...seem a few mice have failed to turn up so the wheels are not moving as fast Sad

hm, odd. Every page i go to seems to completely load within 2-3 seconds. Is there are particular page you are finding slow?

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
25 Mar 2011 - 2:51 PM

No performance problems here

Alan_Coles
25 Mar 2011 - 4:46 PM

Quote: Hold that thought the afternoon shift has arrived...seem a few mice have failed to turn up so the wheels are not moving as fast Sad

hm, odd. Every page i go to seems to completely load within 2-3 seconds. Is there are particular page you are finding slow?

Hi David,

Sorry for the delay, been waiting for the page to reload...lol. No, seriously popped out to walk the dog. Can't recall exactly what I was doing but most likely skipping through the galleries - I don't do much else. It seems back to the speed I was getting prior to lunch now although my pages take 4/5 seconds to load on average.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139392 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
25 Mar 2011 - 5:08 PM

Ok, I've now got Firefox 4 and IE8 on my PC. FF4 is faster for some sites (EPZ included) and IE8 is faster on some others. But with the majority I can't discern a difference.

So I think it's down to personal preference of design etc. I'm used to IE so I'll stick with that; the final version of IE9 must be imminent though and it will be interesting to test FF4 against that.

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 104000 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland24 Constructive Critique Points
28 Mar 2011 - 2:01 PM

is anyone finding that the `pin as App tab' feature is failing to hold? i.e. it disappears from the toolbar.

(am using W7)

Jestertheclown
28 Mar 2011 - 2:06 PM

Quote: `pin as App tab'

What is that?

davidburleson
28 Mar 2011 - 2:18 PM

minimizes the tab to just the icon (favicon). Quite useful for popular social networks or common sites you visit (ie: ePHOTOzine Wink). Only downside in my eyes is if you have more than 1 tab for an 'app' its quite hard to find the right tab for the page your looking for.

looks like it also remembers the tab?

Last Modified By davidburleson at 28 Mar 2011 - 2:19 PM
Jestertheclown
28 Mar 2011 - 2:24 PM

Thanks David but where do I find it?

In a similar vein, I'm currently using an add-on called "Google shortcuts" which allows me to keep a row of favicons on the search toolbar. It's like having a row of bookmarks at the ready. Works a treat too.
The downside is that there's only room for a certain number of them.

Last Modified By Jestertheclown at 28 Mar 2011 - 2:25 PM
Jestertheclown
28 Mar 2011 - 2:34 PM

Quote: Thanks David but where do I find it?

Found it.

Not sure it's any better than the add-on though.
Does the presence of these tabs nean that the window is open but hidden (minimised?) or do they work in the same way as a favicon which actually opens the app?
Any views?

Last Modified By Jestertheclown at 28 Mar 2011 - 2:35 PM
cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 104000 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland24 Constructive Critique Points
28 Mar 2011 - 2:43 PM

Quote: Thanks David but where do I find it?
Found it.

Not sure it's any better than the add-on though.
Does the presence of these tabs nean that the window is open but hidden (minimised?) or do they work in the same way as a favicon which actually opens the app?
Any views?

I think they stay open...have managed to set up half a dozen, but sometimes whne I relaod FF in a morning they have disappeared...seems to retain the `Most Visited' bar ok.....are they treated differently by W7 and removed on close down?

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.