Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Firefox browser issues

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    banehawi
    banehawi Critique Team 10868 forum postsbanehawi vcard Canada2867 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Sep 2012 - 6:24 PM

Users of Firefox 15.01 are experiencing very slow Internet connections, and Flash crashes.

This is fixed by uninstalling the latest flash plug-in, assuming its V11 or later, and replacing it with V 10.3 from the Adobe site http://forums.adobe.com/thread/889580.

regards

Willie B

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    24 Sep 2012 - 6:24 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
    24 Sep 2012 - 6:38 PM

No probs here...

banehawi
    banehawi Critique Team 10868 forum postsbanehawi vcard Canada2867 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Sep 2012 - 6:44 PM

Some folks are lucky and dont see the prob, others do, - I have been troubleshooting for two days to solve it.

Its happens on Windows 7 BTW.

W

Last Modified By banehawi at 24 Sep 2012 - 6:45 PM
    User_Removed
    24 Sep 2012 - 7:02 PM

Ah!!!!

I'm (still) on 'Old Reliable'...

XP Pro

Wink

WhiteRose1
    WhiteRose1 e2 Member 41053 forum postsWhiteRose1 vcard England136 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Sep 2012 - 7:07 PM

Windows 7 and Firefox.... no probs on my laptop and a darn sight more reliable than Vista on IE on my desktop!!

MikeA
    MikeA  91174 forum posts England
    24 Sep 2012 - 7:12 PM

Workstation and laptop - Win7 - no problems and I run quite a lot video intensive content especially from Vimeo -- HD 1080p . Perhaps you have a problem your end, maybe " it is your ISP at fault" ;=))

Last Modified By MikeA at 24 Sep 2012 - 7:17 PM
    saltireblue
    saltireblue Site Moderator 43917 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway25 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Sep 2012 - 7:17 PM

Quote: Windows 7 and Firefox.... no probs on my laptop

Same here...thankfully.Smile

banehawi
    24 Sep 2012 - 7:19 PM

Not anymore since I rolled back Flash, - both Firefox and Adobe acknowledge the issue and are both working on it.

You must have the latest flash plugin to have the problem. Another :feature: of the problem is the rolling circle at the top left of Firefox doesnt stop circling even when a site is loaded. Both are fixed for me with rolling back the Flash plug-in.

Its a widespread problem. not just me, - all over the Firefox and Adobe forums, - Im just trying to pass the information along to anyone affected and save a couple of days of troubleshooting.

There a a lucky few that dont have the problem - sounds like Im not one of the lucky ones!

W

Last Modified By banehawi at 24 Sep 2012 - 7:19 PM
    redsnappa
    redsnappa  111916 forum posts United Kingdom
    24 Sep 2012 - 9:03 PM

No problems with firefox here. Only because I stopped using it after they begun issuing updates every other week. I thout it obvious that mozilla are having security problems if they have to update so often so I decided to stop using firefox

RogBrown
    RogBrown  73006 forum posts England10 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Sep 2012 - 9:50 PM

No speed probs here but since a few updates ago, Firefox isn't opening tabs from my previous session although it's set do do so. Not a problem but annoying.

Big Bri
    Big Bri  1315586 forum posts United Kingdom
    25 Sep 2012 - 8:16 AM

Still living in the stone age eh Mike? Wink

SlowSong
    SlowSong e2 Member 64431 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Sep 2012 - 8:36 AM

My Firefox is OK. I've got no add-ons.

Montana5
    Montana5  457 forum posts Scotland3 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Sep 2012 - 4:03 PM

I had same problems with Firefox a few weeks ago, started after Adobe install of latest flash player update, couldn't get any videos to play from both PC and web, searched loads of forums and yes Adobe Flash player / Firefox problems have been very prominent for the past while, however none of the add ons or fixes worked for me...until I uninstalled 'Rapport', the online banking security download, now everything is as was, perfect.

Doug.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.