Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Firefox History Brower

SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
14 Oct 2012 4:31PM
Can anyone tell me how I can see my viewing history on Firefox? I don't mean Favourited pages, just general browsed pages.
On IE you just right clicked on History and all the pages you'd viewed were listed in viewing order. I can't find anything like that on Firefox.
Cheers.
x

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

sparrowhawk e2
6 268 2 United Kingdom
14 Oct 2012 4:41PM
on firefox look at the toobar at the top of the page and you'll see history just click on it and you can see all your history from there hope this helps

best wishes Steve
ps you should have file /edit/veiw then History
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
14 Oct 2012 5:19PM
Thanks Steve, but I don't seem to have any of that. I've got an orange Firefox drop down menu top left but when I go to History it doesn't show my viewing list. Just Favourites. And I definitely can't find file/edit/view etc.
Perhaps I've not got it set up properly.
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
14 Oct 2012 5:29PM
Ah, think I've located the problem. It was hidden in under a menu in Privacy! - Not totally obvious.
I'll give that a go.
Thanks
Smile
sparrowhawk e2
6 268 2 United Kingdom
14 Oct 2012 7:09PM
your welcome anytime
Jestertheclown
6 6.6k 242 England
15 Oct 2012 9:51AM

Quote:I've got an orange Firefox drop down menu top left

That's because you've got the 'menu' toolbar hidden, or 'unticked' to be more exact. The 'history button's on there.
KarenFB e2
8 4.4k 163 England
15 Oct 2012 10:11AM
Whilst we're on Firefox problems, I've got a problem with the 'Spellcheck'. I've downloaded the add-on and have a little green tick (bottom right) - but when I click on it nothing happens! I can also right click and get the option of 'check spellings' - nothing happens when I click that either.

Does anyone have any ideas where I've gone wrong? Grin
RogBrown e2
8 3.0k 10 England
15 Oct 2012 11:27AM

Quote:Does anyone have any ideas where I've gone wrong? Grin

Maybe you haven't made any spelling mistakes? Wink
My problem with Firefox is that, since a few updates ago, it's not opening tabs from previous sessions although it's set to do so. It only opens my home page. Not that I'm particularly bothered but I just find it strange.
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
15 Oct 2012 11:30AM

Quote:That's because you've got the 'menu' toolbar hidden, or 'unticked' to be more exact. The 'history button's on there
Yes I know. As I said above, I've got an orange Firefox drop down menu top left but when I go to History it doesn't show my viewing list. Just Favourites. And I definitely can't find file/edit/view etc.
Anyway, sorted now thanks.
x
BEVZED e2
8 1.1k United Kingdom
15 Oct 2012 11:38AM
my auto-updates messed it all up big time, every click or scroll resulted in 'not responding', then the whole laptop froze, over and over again. Scans didn't show any problems anywhere so I uninstalled the whole firefox cabooch and did a fresh install, so far so good 4 days on.
Jestertheclown
6 6.6k 242 England
15 Oct 2012 11:58AM
I've found that several of the recent so-called updates to Firefox have caused problems of one kind or another.
So much so that I abandoned it on favour of Chrome for a while, missing out a whole 'version.' I've just gone back to it, in its most recent incarnation and so far, it seems OK but I'm not holding my breath.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.