Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Firing Canon speedlite off camara wirelessly with radio trigger help please

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    scotty99
    scotty99  8121 forum posts
    9 Mar 2014 - 11:22 AM

Hi, Apologies if this has been asked and answered before, but have been Googling for hours and still confused what I need to do this. I have a Canon 5dmkI and Canon 580EX flashgun. I want to take some portraits on location with the speed light in a softbox off camera wirelessly (basically like a mini flash head). I have a 16 channel radio trigger with only a1/4" phono/mini phono output connecter on the receiver (which I can plug straight into my bowens flash head which works great.But as there is only a pc sync input connecter on the Canon speedlite how do I connect the radio trigger receiver to the speedlite please. I know you can trigger speedlites with the pop up flash on SLRS, but as the 5d doesn't have on you can't do this. Tried looking for a" female phono to female pc sync adapter" ,but cannot find one so far.I only have one flashgun so can't trigger one with the other.

cheers

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    9 Mar 2014 - 11:22 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

puertouk
    puertouk  21072 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Mar 2014 - 1:52 PM

I have the Phottix Odin set-up on my 5D Mk II and it is excellent. Go to the Sekonic website and look at the webinars for off-camera flash. Also give Pocketwizard a try
    Hope it helps.
    Stephen

scotty99
    9 Mar 2014 - 5:01 PM

Thanks for the reply Stephen. The pocketwizards would do the job, but I'm all spent up on buying new equipment Sad I may just do it the old fashioned way and use a long pc sync cord from cam to speedlite!!Grin

would a speedlite in a beauty dish say give enough light output to be useful for a portrait outdoors?

I had an explorerXT battery pack for the flasheads for location shoots but it packed up and can't afford another/or the bowens travel pac, so was looking at flashguns, but it doesn't seem to be as simple as I thought

cheers Scott.

duratorque
    duratorque  11413 forum posts United Kingdom
    10 Mar 2014 - 8:45 AM

I use a set of PT04. The cost is lower than a long sync cable, if you are happy to work in full manual mode.

scotty99
    28 Mar 2014 - 8:34 PM

Thanks, duratorque, that's great, yes working in full manual mode is fine, cheers for the link, perfect!

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.