Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

First Alamy Sale

cats_123 e2
10 4.3k 25 Northern Ireland
16 Apr 2013 2:45PM
Just a bit chuffed GrinGrinGrin I know it's peanuts, but just been notified of my first Alamy sale $73.78 (of which Alamy take 50%!!).

I've been drip feeding shots to both Alamy and Fotolia for a few years. had one or two hits on Fotolia but mainly miniscule amounts, but this is my first `sizeable' sale.

1-untitled-268.jpg

Here's to many more GrinGrinGrinGrin

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KarenFB e2
8 4.4k 163 England
16 Apr 2013 2:52PM
Congratulations.................it must be a great feeling!! Smile
Gaucho e2
13 2.4k 2 United Kingdom
16 Apr 2013 2:54PM
Well done! I used to add images on a regular basis some ten years ago and not even a nibble. I found it too much work Smile
franken e2
12 3.3k 4 Wales
16 Apr 2013 4:30PM
Well done the first one is always the best.

Ken
16 Apr 2013 6:56PM
Well done Jeff - it's a beautiful image. Smile Can I ask where it was taken? Lou
cats_123 e2
16 Apr 2013 7:09PM

Quote:Well done Jeff - it's a beautiful image. Smile Can I ask where it was taken? Lou
Thanks, it's at St Moritz Smile
widtink e2
2 406 2 Scotland
16 Apr 2013 9:27PM
Well done Jeff thats fantasticGrin

Rod
Gundog e2
1 624 Scotland
17 Apr 2013 10:44AM
Well done. It is the satisfaction and recognition that matters. (You won't see any actual money until they sell another 3 or 4 to meet the $150 minimum payment threshhold)

Just a wee tip - if you are not already doing it - set up a free website for yourself and put up the images you have on Alamy, with links through to the Alamy versions. That way you can market/promote your Alamy images on the web more effectively than Alamy will.
cats_123 e2
17 Apr 2013 11:03AM

Quote:Well done. It is the satisfaction and recognition that matters. (You won't see any actual money until they sell another 3 or 4 to meet the $150 minimum payment threshhold)

Just a wee tip - if you are not already doing it - set up a free website for yourself and put up the images you have on Alamy, with links through to the Alamy versions. That way you can market/promote your Alamy images on the web more effectively than Alamy will.

Thanks for the advice..think the threshold is now $175...great idea about the web page...I started a foliopic one but didn't progress it...maybe I should SmileSmile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.