Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

First critisism

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Carrera_c
    Carrera_c  4244 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Feb 2011 - 11:49 AM

Discovered someone having a go about my photos from a recent engagement party that I was at (just a friends, did the photo's for free). The rant came from a girl who wasn't even there. I know the couple and most other's who attended really liked the photo's and many have made them their profile pictures on facebook. But the comment has still got under my skin a little bit. I know 'you can't please everyone' but still...

Anyway, I thought I'd ask if you could tell me what you're opinions were. I was just going round trying to capture the fun that was going on.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=53420&id=158678840833349

If you're interested, her comment was:
    "Dont fink the photographer wos up to much... hope he didnt cost too much cos ad b ragin..."

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    11 Feb 2011 - 11:49 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cameracat
    cameracat  108574 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Feb 2011 - 12:02 PM

The link is no functioning at the minute Chris...Sad

That aside I would not be to worried by the comments of a " No Nuffink " bimbo, Who was probably ticked off because she was not on the guest list, Hence she had to make a point about " Sumfink " ....Grin

As the photographs where there to remind her of the great time she missed, They where the obvious target, Then to twist the knife a little making reference to the cost of the photographer, ie: having a stab at the party hosts for being muppets and getting ripped off, In her overblown opinion.....!!!!

So there ya go, Thats my take on the situation, She sounds like of of those misfits who enjoy playing stupid mind games with friends, It also explains why she was not invited....Wink

To top it all, Her command of the English language is just another indication of the IQ.....Smile

Looking at your PF, I'd say you have nothing to worry about mate....Grin

Last Modified By cameracat at 11 Feb 2011 - 12:05 PM
    SteveCharles
    11 Feb 2011 - 12:10 PM

I wouldn't say they were of a professional standard, they look like friends' party pics, and if that's what they are then no problem. Even though they could all be improved in composition, focus and flash control, I can see why the people in the photos would like them as a record of a good night.

Your photos are better than your critic's English...

arnieg
    arnieg  9681 forum posts England
    11 Feb 2011 - 3:50 PM

a reasonable set of images recording a party good range of people and there activities during the evening
    may have been a bit more selective and not show all of the images

JamesGarfield
    11 Feb 2011 - 4:10 PM

At the end of the day you did it for free and what can you get for free these days, not much so don't let the illiterate girls comments get you down, lifes too short mate so chin up!

leybald
    leybald  433 forum posts United Kingdom
    11 Feb 2011 - 4:50 PM

To be honest I've seen pros photos of a lower standard, the only criticism is there's a slight yellowish tinge with mix of flash and fluroescent light (easily fixed with a gel filter on the flash.)

whipspeed
    whipspeed e2 Member 94035 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Feb 2011 - 5:01 PM

Quote: I wouldn't say they were of a professional standard, they look like friends' party pics, and if that's what they are then no problem. Even though they could all be improved in composition, focus and flash control, I can see why the people in the photos would like them as a record of a good night.

Your photos are better than your critic's English...

I'd agree with that one, some of them could be improved with a bit of colour correction. There are a few in there that are out of focus, and as a general rule, I wouldn't have posted them in a set. But as a record of a friends engagement they are fine.

arhb
    arhb e2 Member 62052 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom67 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Feb 2011 - 5:35 PM

The ones that looked noticeably yellow were those of the cake cutting.
    I've uploaded a mod where I've used a selective colour adjustment to neutralise the flourescent yellow.
    Settings used were in Yellows: Cyan +30, Magenta -17, Yellow -100, Black -10. Start here and tweak.
    I also added a touch of HP sharpening.
    engagement-party-adj-w600.jpg

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    Carrera_c
    Carrera_c  4244 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Feb 2011 - 7:29 PM

Thanks for all the comments, especially the constructive criticism. All valid points that I'll take note for the future.

Jay44
    Jay44  81443 forum posts Wales
    13 Feb 2011 - 1:32 PM

I'd be quite pleased with that set of photos.

What concerns me is that some people can't spell these days, scary!

ade_mcfade
    ade_mcfade  1014554 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Feb 2011 - 1:54 PM

yeah - the mental picture those comments create are of some scum bag from Shameless, or maybe Viccy Pollard from Little Britain.

It's probably worth screening what you upload on facebook - don't upload anything with obvious flaws such as incorrect focus, and often "less is more" - don't feel obliged to upload every shot from an event, cherry pick the better ones, don't upload 10 versions of the same scene, people just get bored looking and drift off.

I think for free, they've got a great set of shots there.

colin beeley
    colin beeley e2 Member 111063 forum postscolin beeley vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Feb 2011 - 5:25 PM

look ok to , the only thing i would say is get a stofen for your flash.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.