Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

First love

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Miles Herbert
26 Jul 2006 - 6:39 AM

Pentax K1000... I bought it off my geography teacher, who later decided to become a photographer himself. This camera travelled the world with me for a couple of years before, in the wilds of Papua New Guinea, being accidentally thrown off the dashboard of a moving vehicle when we hit a riverbed pothole, and landed outside of the vehicle ... on top of a large rock. It was later replaced by a Pentax ME Super in Singapore, which somehow never wormed it's way into my heart as much as the old K1000.

More recently bought another K1000 from Ffordes in immaculate condition, and still use it occaisonally.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
26 Jul 2006 - 6:39 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

joolsb
joolsb  927115 forum posts Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jul 2006 - 7:45 AM

Quote: I did finally get a full LX kit last year....LOL

Guy had it in the local paper for £50...every last item, all boxed and the best part is that THE best in-camera light meter ever made still works.

'tis a lovely camera, to be sure. I don't use mine nearly enough (well, at all really). I take it yours doesn't suffer from the infamous 'sticky-mirror' problem?

randomrubble
26 Jul 2006 - 12:35 PM

Lusted after an Olumpus OM-4...

Got Pentax MV-1 with 55mm lens...

Then got an MX and 50mm 1.4 which really felt like a proper camera... Then an SFX which didn't... Then, 16 years ago, a canon T90 that kept me going until the 1Ds last year.

All the above bought secondhand except the T90.

chriswebb
chriswebb  10893 forum posts United Kingdom
26 Jul 2006 - 12:53 PM

My first cameras were an odd assortment of Nikons - EM, FG20, EL2 (actually the last of the Nikkormats) and none of which cost much more than £100. At the time the F3 was the God of all cameras but I couldn't possibly afford one.

But now I've got one. It cost £300 about three years ago with a lens I didn't really need so sold for £110, so it therefore effectively cost £190, and was in mint condition.

AngelaD
AngelaD  92861 forum posts Wales
26 Jul 2006 - 1:06 PM

My first was an Ilford Sportsman, still got it, still use it and it now has a friend !-) Second, an EOS 650, even takes shots upside down!

ljesmith
ljesmith  101092 forum posts United Kingdom
26 Jul 2006 - 1:08 PM

A Nikon F3 and a 50mm f1.2

joolsb
joolsb  927115 forum posts Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jul 2006 - 1:12 PM

My current object of lust is my Ebony 4x5. There's just something about the combination of sexy smooth titanium, soft supple leather and dark tropical hardwood.... Wink

MikeBonsall
26 Jul 2006 - 1:36 PM

first SLR was a Yashica FXD. Always lusted after an Olympus OM4TI and eventually got hold of an OM2 Spot Program (itself a brilliant camera). Then I went and sold the OM2 for a pathetic amount. Something I've regretted ever since Sad

Centurion
Centurion  91243 forum posts England
26 Jul 2006 - 1:37 PM

Canon EOS 300D. Bet you all feel old now ha ha.

Gav

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314903 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jul 2006 - 1:45 PM

Just loved my first camera`s, firstly a second hand Olympus om 1 then the om2 sp. Just loved the way I could focus, and adjust apature and shutter speed without taking my hand of the lense barrel. Ended up with a nikon kit as well in the early ninetees with the FM2 and a selection of lenses. Now back using Olympus with the E system and again playing with my old om lenses from 30 odd years ago, and suprised with the results. Now looking at a nikon adapter for my E1 so I can also make use of the nikon lenses again.

Paul

starside
starside  9218 forum posts
26 Jul 2006 - 2:05 PM

Minolta dynax 7000i was my fisrt purchase in 2003.

I now yearn after a Yahsica GSN.

c_evans99
c_evans99  107013 forum posts Wales1 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jul 2006 - 2:23 PM

Ah if we're talking hopeless unrequited love from afar then it would be a Reid IIIa or 'Bullseye' Contarex, which I can never have becasue I keep spending my money on stuff like the Petri FT I've just bought (50p !!!!!) and the lens for it (£20 - from the states)

Ceri

KenTaylor
KenTaylor e2 Member 92971 forum postsKenTaylor vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jul 2006 - 2:47 PM

I began with a Vito II then the first SLR was the Edixa with Travenar lens 50mm. Moved on from that to Pentax with various models but my pride is the two LX bodies, one needing a service.
Raised my eyebrows at this though

Quote: I did finally get a full LX kit last year....LOL

Guy had it in the local paper for £50...every last item, all boxed

and what is meant by a full LX kit all for £50 when a body alone fetches around £200 or so in good order.
There was a range of viewfinders, focussing screens and different backs.

Ken

yoguko
yoguko  10302 forum posts United Kingdom
26 Jul 2006 - 3:35 PM

Canon T90 for me...

And I´m still looking for one!

Kris_Dutson
26 Jul 2006 - 3:48 PM

Started with an AE1 Program and lusted after a black A1 - which I eventually got and loved.

Mind you, I do love my current 5D. Smile

Kris

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.