Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

First M4/3 Camera From Kodak

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315682 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Jan 2014 - 3:05 AM

Its been on the way for a while and here it is.

http://ces.cnet.com/2300-35292_1-10019346-1.html

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    9 Jan 2014 - 3:05 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MichaelMelb_AU

Looks like Olympus Mini remake...with a mode dial (which is great). Would be interesting to see M4/3 Kodak lens review. Thanks for the news!

franken
    franken e2 Member 123183 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Jan 2014 - 10:25 AM

It looks interesting and a bit Olympus like but another make of micro four thirds can't be bad.

It'll be interesting to see a review and the price when the time comes.

Hugo
    Hugo  9640 forum posts United Kingdom
    9 Jan 2014 - 12:26 PM

It's not really Kodak is it? Just some other brand that has bought the right to the Kodak name....as with Polaroid kit.

keithh
    keithh e2 Member 1023203 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Jan 2014 - 1:33 PM

and produced by a company with no tech or photographic history.

kodachrome
    9 Jan 2014 - 2:12 PM

As said above, JK have no [as far as I know] digital photographic experience, but I'm sure they obtained expert help and guidence, plus it may well be made by one of the far East producers for JK.

In the 35-mm days Kodak had a reputation for marketing excellent cameras under their brand name Kodak and Retina, all or most made in Germany to a very high standard.
    Hugo's right, its a purchased name, but that's pretty common throughout industry these days.

However, I hope it reviews well and sells well if only to keep the Kodak name on a camera. aggree, another M/4/3 format brand can't be a bad thing.

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315682 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Jan 2014 - 4:31 PM

You no longer need to have a photographic history to build camera`s.

Quote: It's not really Kodak is it? Just some other brand that has bought the right to the Kodak name....as with Polaroid kit

It been many years since Kodak built a camera, does it really matter, JK have acquired brand licensing.

joshwa
    joshwa ePHOTOzine Staff 4605 forum postsjoshwa vcard United Kingdom
    9 Jan 2014 - 6:02 PM

Full details here:
    http://www.ephotozine.com/article/kodak-micro-four-thirds-camera-announced-23776

Including details of two new (zoom) lenses.

Paul Morgan
    9 Jan 2014 - 7:20 PM

Quote: However, I hope it reviews well and sells well if only to keep the Kodak name on a camera. aggree, another M/4/3 format brand can't be a bad thing

It could end up helping sales of M4/3 in north America were the market is still pretty small for CSC`s, Kodak is an all American brand after all, no one ever complained that vivitar lenses and flash units were never made by vivitar Smile

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 9 Jan 2014 - 7:21 PM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.