Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

First M4/3 Camera From Kodak

Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
9 Jan 2014 3:05AM
Its been on the way for a while and here it is.

http://ces.cnet.com/2300-35292_1-10019346-1.html

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

9 Jan 2014 6:34AM
Looks like Olympus Mini remake...with a mode dial (which is great). Would be interesting to see M4/3 Kodak lens review. Thanks for the news!
franken e2
12 3.3k 4 Wales
9 Jan 2014 10:25AM
It looks interesting and a bit Olympus like but another make of micro four thirds can't be bad.

It'll be interesting to see a review and the price when the time comes.
Hugo e2
9 647 United Kingdom
9 Jan 2014 12:26PM
It's not really Kodak is it? Just some other brand that has bought the right to the Kodak name....as with Polaroid kit.
keithh e2
11 23.4k 33 Wallis And Futuna
9 Jan 2014 1:33PM
and produced by a company with no tech or photographic history.
9 Jan 2014 2:12PM
As said above, JK have no [as far as I know] digital photographic experience, but I'm sure they obtained expert help and guidence, plus it may well be made by one of the far East producers for JK.

In the 35-mm days Kodak had a reputation for marketing excellent cameras under their brand name Kodak and Retina, all or most made in Germany to a very high standard.
Hugo's right, its a purchased name, but that's pretty common throughout industry these days.

However, I hope it reviews well and sells well if only to keep the Kodak name on a camera. aggree, another M/4/3 format brand can't be a bad thing.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
9 Jan 2014 4:31PM
You no longer need to have a photographic history to build camera`s.

Quote:It's not really Kodak is it? Just some other brand that has bought the right to the Kodak name....as with Polaroid kit

It been many years since Kodak built a camera, does it really matter, JK have acquired brand licensing.
joshwa e2
4 710 United Kingdom
9 Jan 2014 6:02PM
Full details here:
http://www.ephotozine.com/article/kodak-micro-four-thirds-camera-announced-23776

Including details of two new (zoom) lenses.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
9 Jan 2014 7:20PM

Quote:However, I hope it reviews well and sells well if only to keep the Kodak name on a camera. aggree, another M/4/3 format brand can't be a bad thing

It could end up helping sales of M4/3 in north America were the market is still pretty small for CSC`s, Kodak is an all American brand after all, no one ever complained that vivitar lenses and flash units were never made by vivitar Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.