Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Fish eye lens

3 May 2012 4:14PM
I have a canon 7d and a 5d mk2 and I want to get a fisheye lens ,I 'm not convinced how much I'll use it so I don't want to spend silly money on it ,has anyone got any ideas .

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

darranl 5 318 England
3 May 2012 4:24PM
I have been thinking about the same thing recently and was wondering about a lens baby one
cattyal e2
9 6.1k 6 England
3 May 2012 4:32PM
The Samyang lenses aren't silly money and are great fun to use - I have no regrets about buying mine and I use it way more than the Sigma 10-20 I also have (which actually hasn't been on the camera for over a year now).......
3 May 2012 5:24PM
I was thinking about a samyang is there done that I could use on both my cameras ?
cattyal e2
9 6.1k 6 England
3 May 2012 6:23PM
well I'm not a canon user but assuming both cameras are the same fitting then presumably so...... here's their site Samyang
NeilS e2
7 903 United Kingdom
3 May 2012 6:26PM
Samyang 8mm is mean't for an ASPC crop, you can use it on your 5d but it would give a circular image. NB manual focus only.

I use mine occasionally on a 1D but in order to extend the field of View I have "shaved it", its a great fun lens to use, but I wouldn't spend serious money on one.

For more info on it google it with shaved, and then focus adjusted

Having said that Canon has an EF 8-16mm fisheye which will fit both
Scutter e2
7 1.7k 6 United Kingdom
3 May 2012 7:29PM
I have just got the Samyang 8mm f3.5 fisheye CS (AE) for my Nikon D300. Great fun (although not had the weather to play with it much since its arrival on Tuesday!). It was under 240 from here . The Canon version is even cheaperSadSad.

It is made for APS-C sensor and produces a diagonal 180 degree angle of view rectangular image.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.