Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Fisheye......Going Round in Circles

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    mikesmith
    mikesmith e2 Member 1045 forum postsmikesmith vcard United Kingdom35 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Nov 2011 - 9:20 PM

I am looking at hiring a fisheye for my trip to New York next week. I own a Nikon D7000 (not full frame) and keep getting confused as to which would be the best lens. Has anyone got any experience of using a fisheye with the D7000. I've found the Sigma 8mm but am not sure whether it is meant for full frame equipment or the likes of my D7000. Any help/advice wold be greatly appreciatedWink

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    14 Nov 2011 - 9:20 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cambirder
    cambirder  107202 forum posts England
    14 Nov 2011 - 9:50 PM

The 8mm is only a true FE on a full frame sensor, you need something like this.

mikesmith
    mikesmith e2 Member 1045 forum postsmikesmith vcard United Kingdom35 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Nov 2011 - 10:24 PM

Thanks for that Paul. All I've gotta do now is find a retailer that hires them outSmile

TTT
    TTT  12559 forum posts Germany
    15 Nov 2011 - 7:47 AM

What type of fisheye do you want to use rectilinear or circular ???
    I just bought one of these Samyang and i can highly recommend it and they are not expensive.

p1040899---version-2.jpg

Berlin, PotsdamerPlatz.

cattyal
    cattyal e2 Member 96032 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Nov 2011 - 8:28 AM

I've been using the Samyang for about 2 years now and still love it Smile

kaybee
    kaybee  103801 forum posts Scotland24 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Nov 2011 - 12:07 PM

How long are you going for?
    It may be more cost effective to buy when you get there.

B&H in New York have a few 2nd hand

See Here

CathyT
    CathyT e2 Member 87276 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Nov 2011 - 12:11 PM

Or if its just for fun...one of these....HERE

img-0139.jpg

User_Removed
    15 Nov 2011 - 3:39 PM

I used the Sigma 8mm on my D300 (same DX sensor size as yours) and now use it on my D3s. It's a bit misleading to say that it is not a proper fisheye on a crop sensor camera - it just means that the top and bottom of the image are flat. (Actually you can crop it to a rectangular format and lose less of the image than you would with the fully circular image from an FX camera. So it is actually more useful unless you want circular images!

Here is one taken with it:

fish2.jpg

mikesmith
    15 Nov 2011 - 5:17 PM

Thanks for the responses folks, very helpfull. Going for the weekend only but taking 32Gb and hope to get loads of new material...bright lights, colours city scapes and I just thought NY lent itself to a bit of fisheye?

mikesmith
    15 Nov 2011 - 5:17 PM

Might take a look at B&H if I have time

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.