Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Flash

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214399 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Apr 2013 - 1:09 AM

I had been using an old Olympus T20 unit on my x10.

Today I was having a rummage in a charity shop and stumbled up an old Canon 133A Speedlite, they wanted just £2 for it.

Its an old auto unit for the old A-1 and AE-1, with two auto modes and from looking at it no manual mode.

For its age Its trigger is pretty low, about the same as the T20 with a voltage of about 6V.

I had a play with it attached to the x10 tonight, I was blown away and found the results hard to believe.

I left the camera in aperture priority and fired away, every shot was pretty much perfectly exposed.

Then I gave it a test that I really believed impossible, focused the camera and flash to within six inches of my knee and took a pic, again it managed it.

I just can`t believe a unit of this age could work so well, especially in aperture priority mode with a camera totaly alien, ideas any one.

It seems to me there is some kind of communication between the x10 and Canon be it pretty basic, but its left me gob smacked.

Here`s that pic, not great I know, just focused on my knee from 5 or 6 inches, the flash is supposed to have a minimum flash distance of 1 meter with the auto setting I used.

dscf6969.jpg

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    30 Apr 2013 - 1:09 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

shanelaze
    shanelaze e2 Member 2shanelaze vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Apr 2013 - 2:16 PM

Despite Ming dispatching Ajax and Warlord to bring back his body, apparently he’s alive!

Sorry….......this is not the ‘Flash’ post I though it was.
    SmileSmileSmileGrin

arhb
    arhb e2 Member 62052 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom67 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Apr 2013 - 5:06 PM

No idea how either ther camera or flash are communicating Paul, but quite extraordinary with good results.
    Cheap too!

keithh
    keithh  1022559 forum posts Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Apr 2013 - 5:27 PM

I've seen a couple of people using hot shoe mounted modern Canon and Nikon flashes on the Fuji.

PaulMorgan
    30 Apr 2013 - 10:42 PM

More than a few Keith Smile

I`ve used a few of the newer Canon and Olympus units without problems, there just big.

keithh
    keithh  1022559 forum posts Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Apr 2013 - 10:50 PM

I tend to avoid these new fangled CSC users. .....they're like diesel fanatics at a steam festival. Wink

PaulMorgan
    30 Apr 2013 - 10:52 PM

Carter`s Smile Smile

Wish they will hurry up and sort my account out.

Last Modified By PaulMorgan at 30 Apr 2013 - 10:53 PM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.