Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Flash and .jpg's

phil_j 8 133 4 England
11 Jun 2009 10:59PM
Not sure where to upload this question, either here or Digital imaging...hope this is the right forum section.

I am currently updating my website, and using a template built for me which is made as a flash file.

The template came with preloaded images in the flash movie, which the designer has said, in written instructions, can be changed.

I have been told to make up the new images that I wish to use and save them using the same name as the exisiting files already in the movie. Then import them into the .fla file by opening flash and selecting File - Import - Import to library, naviagte to my new file on my system and select it.
It should bring up a pop up box saying a file already exisits with that name and do I want to replace it with the new one, but this isn't happening for me.

The exisiting image, as an example, could be called news1, listed in the .fla file library with no file extension, which is what I name my new file as in Photoshop, but when trying to import, instead of replacing the exisiting file, my new one is just added to the list with the name news1.jpg.
I have not put the file extension on when naming it.

Can anybody suggest where I am going wrong, and I hope this explanation makes some sense.

Thanks in advance.

Phil

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Beanie76 5 15 2
20 Jun 2009 10:27AM
Photoshop will automatically add the filename when you save the file. It might be worth seeing if you have "hide known filetype extensions" ticked in Explorer (tools - folder options - view) as it seems to be hiding the filetype for the files listed in your .fla file library. I'm not too familiar with flash but are the files .fla?
Have you tried renaming your file and manually adding the .fla extension? Windows will moan about you changing the file extension but you can click through the warning. You then might be able to import them into your flash template.

Not sure if that will help.

Dean

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.