Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Flash Gun

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    mishamit
    mishamit  1138 forum posts
    25 Aug 2003 - 11:23 AM

If u compare sunpak and sigma flashguns which one is the best in long run and verstality ?

Cheers

Amit

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    25 Aug 2003 - 11:23 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pictoria
    Pictoria  11303 forum posts
    25 Aug 2003 - 11:47 AM

Hi Mishamit

I must admit I have never used any of the sigma range so I can not compare it, but I have used the sunpak, they are good, but also I have a Jessops own flashgun which is really good too. And I have never had any problems with that one. Good Luck with sorting out a flashgun Mishamit.

Lynn-Marie
    www.pictoria.freewebtools.com

mishamit
    25 Aug 2003 - 12:06 PM

Hi Lynn

It's just the budget problem that, i can't go for canon dedicated flash. That's the reason i was looking some cheap and good one. any advice wld be higlhy appreciated.

Amit

Pictoria
    25 Aug 2003 - 1:34 PM

Hi

I have a jessops flash and thier prices are really good. I think my Jessops flash gun was under 30.00 mark. I keep to the budget range as I am a student, so I know what it is like to keep things low. If you have a Jessops store near to you it is wel worth checking them out.

Lynn-Marie

mishamit
    25 Aug 2003 - 5:30 PM

Hi Pictoria

Are u doing any course in photography?

Amit

Pictoria
    25 Aug 2003 - 9:27 PM

Hi

Yes from the local college. And also a member of the Leyland photographic society too that have given me much encouragment too..Photo Societies are a good place to learn too.

Lynn-Marie

MaxMad
    MaxMad  1142 forum posts Finland
    26 Aug 2003 - 7:41 AM

Hi Amit,

You don't state in your question what camera you are going to use the flash with or which features you would like to have on the flash-gun, so it's not too easy to advice you about this. From a later posting it's evident that you have a Canon SLR. If it's one of the more recent models (EOS 300/300V/30/33/50/3 you have many nice features available if you choose the right flash-gun. Whichever model you decide to go for make sure it's compatible with all the features on offer (like 2nd curtain sync, synchronization att all speeds, flash exposure compensation, flash exposure lock and wireless remote flash control). Also make sure that it has a swivelling and tilting head for bouncing the flash of ceilings and walls.

To get some help in making the decision you should have a look in the June (I think) issue of Practical Photography, where they tested a whole bunch of flashguns. I remember that the Sigma EF 500 ST and 500 Super got really good reviews (the 500 Super being the overall best buy). These flashes offer all the features on offer for EOS cameras and they are very powerful, give accurate exposures and offer quite good build quality. A couple of Sunpak's were also tested but didn't get as high score as the Sigma'.

Hope this info helps!

/Max

mishamit
    26 Aug 2003 - 7:05 PM

Hi Max

I have EOS 300 , will go thru the june issue of practical phtography.
    Thanks all for the advice and time.

Amit

ZenTog
    ZenTog  127875 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Aug 2003 - 9:18 PM

i have a secondhand cobra flash gun hammerhead type with bracket and infra red assister for focus, has two battery packs so is very powerful 50.00 this the top of the range model dedicated to canons autofocus cameras

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.