Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Flash recievers, can I buy them on their own?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    MrGoatsmilk
    2 Jul 2011 - 8:04 AM

I have a wireless radio transmitter from Bessel that I use with my studio lighting, however I have some flash units I got from a second hand camera shop and wonder if I can buy receivers that will work with the transmitter I already have or is it just best to get the lot in one go?

Bessel trigger

Thanks

Stu

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    2 Jul 2011 - 8:04 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

indemnity
    indemnity  5326 forum posts
    2 Jul 2011 - 10:40 AM

When you say 'flash units' I take it you mean flashguns/speedlights. If Bessel make a battery powered hotshoe receiver (their studio one is mains) operating on the same frequency as the transmitter 'yes', but unlikely. You can purchase triggers which accomodate speedlights with built in hotshoe and will work your studio lights too, to which you may add additional receivers. For best efficiency your speedlights need to be closer to subject matter than studio heads, and if you wish to shoot from a discreet distance some triggers are unreliable. Pixel Bishop have just released a new trigger that has a working distance of about 200m open space, in addition the can 'wake' your speedlights from 'sleep' mode, and work with studio heads. Not the cheapest but good value. Otherwise there are a number of suitable budget dual operating triggers on ebay.

MrGoatsmilk
    2 Jul 2011 - 10:45 AM

Yes Flashguns, no idea why I wrote flash units.

It's just to fire them outdoors etc not going to be using them at all with the studio lights, it's more for experimental stuff with coloured gels and filters on the guns to light up walls, objects and people.

I think I will go via the ebay route that way I will know I have the correct frequency for the supplied trigger and receivers.

Thanks

Stuart

indemnity
    2 Jul 2011 - 11:05 AM

The 'wake up' feature is a valuable resource on these Bishop triggers if you're using speedlights, they're not much more expensive than ebay triggers. Nothing worse than by the time you've set it up, the speedlights are asleep and you miss your shot, frustrating. I have the ebay ones, they get a bit intermittent with distance, they also are unreliable with rechargeable batteries. I use battery studio heads/ringflash indoors and out, and mains studio heads indoors. So frustrating when they don't fire, you lose the flow of the shoot.

indemnity
    2 Jul 2011 - 11:11 AM

Sorry forgot to mention. UK Highland photography (on ebay) import the ishoot dual purpose budget triggers, and are also the importers of the Pixel Bishop mk11. Might be worth contacting them.

MrGoatsmilk
    2 Jul 2011 - 11:53 AM

Thanks again I shall take a look

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.