Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Flashguns which allow auxilary power packs

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Mounters
    Mounters  784 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Feb 2010 - 8:44 PM

Nikon flashguns have auxilary power packs which allow faster recycling times and longer shooting periods between battery changes.
    Does anyone know of an equivalent for Canon cameras and in particular something that is compatable with a Canon 1D Mk11

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    21 Feb 2010 - 8:44 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

fstopshere
    21 Feb 2010 - 9:35 PM

Do you mean, only the flash, or something that can power the camera as well. Canon make a pack, the only new one I think is the CP-E4,(8 AA's) older models appear second hand that will power the flash, some take 6 AA's, and there are 'copies' usually on the dreaded ebay, but you still need the four batteries in the flash to power the electronics and the auxilliary power pack goes to the flash circuit. The only pack that will power both flash and camera would be a quantum Turbo x2 with the appropriate cable new price about 550. There is a downside to be aware of-only the 580EX2 has auto shut down,to prevent overheating and quite drastically reducuction of flash tube life span., with all the extra 'juice ' on board it is possible to hammer the flash gun into failure.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.