Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Flashing banner adds

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

davidbailie
davidbailie e2 Member 11451 forum postsdavidbailie vcard United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
18 Mar 2009 - 10:53 AM

Am I alone in finding Ephotzine's willingness to put up banner adds wobbling like a drunken sailor telling us we're the billionth viewer of the add and a guaranteed prize awaits the responder - which we know is bullsh.t - however (thinking Epz might have more sturdy ethics) I click to get rid of the intrusion only to see down below in the status bar informing us that certain information (god knows what) is being transferred god knows where....... and sure enough it's back every ten seconds ............

personally I resent paying good cash money for this Instrusive Con!

Last Modified By davidbailie at 18 Mar 2009 - 10:53 AM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
18 Mar 2009 - 10:53 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
18 Mar 2009 - 10:55 AM

You are not alone

Ganto
Ganto  8769 forum posts Ireland2 Constructive Critique Points
18 Mar 2009 - 10:55 AM

Here already.

davidbailie
davidbailie e2 Member 11451 forum postsdavidbailie vcard United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
18 Mar 2009 - 11:04 AM

Cheers - However 4 minutes ago I noticed it was back !!

db

User_Removed
18 Mar 2009 - 11:08 AM

Send a report... link at bottom of page

User_Removed
18 Mar 2009 - 11:12 AM

Just done it Col.

tj
tj ePHOTOzine Staff 111943 forum poststj vcard England
18 Mar 2009 - 11:20 AM

Hi everyone.

So sorry about this.
We use a reputable 3rd party network to fill some of our inventory, with STRICT instructions that ads like these are NOT to be shown.
We received a guarantee from them yesterday that this had somehow managed to slip through their filter but had been stopped. But judging from this, it hasn't!

We've been back in touch with them and they're looking into it.
Sorry again - I'll keep you posted and hopefully sort this once and for all!

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
davidbailie
18 Mar 2009 - 11:21 AM

Thanks tj!!

db

tj
tj ePHOTOzine Staff 111943 forum poststj vcard England
18 Mar 2009 - 11:27 AM

Just off the phone with them.
There was a problem at their end which meant these ads had filtered through, but have assured me they are currently working on it and removing them from the system (which will take about another half hour).

Thanks for all your patience everyone, as I know they are very annoying!

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
Tony_W
Tony_W  7128 forum posts5 Constructive Critique Points
18 Mar 2009 - 4:41 PM

Any chance of getting rid of the non photographic adverts at the same time. I've got used to the plethora of adds for photographic stuff and can understand why as a site you want the income, but why must we put up with adds for the likes of Tesco?

I followed the link and it doesn't even go to Tesco, just some company after my personal details to mail me to death.

Tony

agoreira
agoreira  106001 forum posts Wales
18 Mar 2009 - 5:05 PM

Quote: Any chance of getting rid of the non photographic adverts at the same time. I've got used to the plethora of adds for photographic stuff and can understand why as a site you want the income, but why must we put up with adds for the likes of Tesco?

I posted similar here this week, "they" told us all advertising was photography related, but that now seems to be a thing of the past, they'll take anybodys money nowadays.

Just Jas
Just Jas  1225752 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
18 Mar 2009 - 5:57 PM

Well, money is in short supply, it seems! Sad

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012604 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
18 Mar 2009 - 7:13 PM

Quote: "they" told us all advertising was photography related, but that now seems to be a thing of the past, they'll take anybodys money nowadays.

Frank if you look at TJ's post above you will see that this was a problem with the filtering.

Jestertheclown
18 Mar 2009 - 9:06 PM

I use all the blockers on Firefox, so ads don't bother me at all, 'cos I can't see them. But; and I say this with the greatest respect to the organisers on here; since I joined (not paid for) in October 2008, there has been a constant stream of problems with this site, all discussed within these forums. We've had it running at a snail's pace, not running at all, various advertising malfunctions and a general feeling of things just not going quite as they should.
I'm not saying I could do a better job, but perhaps the people that you're relying upon, ie. 'the filterers', whatever they are, need to get their act together 'cos I'm pretty sure that 'filterers' could be replaced.
I've had 30.00 in my bank since Christmas with EPZ's name on it. For the time being though, it'll stay there.
As I've already stated, I mean no offence.
Bren.

agoreira
agoreira  106001 forum posts Wales
18 Mar 2009 - 9:39 PM

Quote: Quote:"they" told us all advertising was photography related, but that now seems to be a thing of the past, they'll take anybodys money nowadays.Frank if you look at TJ's post above you will see that this was a problem with the filtering.

Whatever the problem is, I'm still seeing Ebay flashing away across the top, BT flashing down the side, and Alamo Car hire on view! When I'm on my main computer, I don't care what they advertise, but they tell us one thing (all ads are connected with photography) and practice another.

Last Modified By agoreira at 18 Mar 2009 - 9:43 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.