Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Flog images on EPZ ?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Eviscera
Eviscera e2 Member 81102 forum postsEviscera vcard United Kingdom149 Constructive Critique Points
19 Feb 2009 - 9:54 PM

Erm I had a real hard look through the f.a.qs before this idea. Just an idea on the table....

When you look at someones image , at the bottom there are buttons for , Leave comment, Comments, Vote, Shortlist , add to faves , and an obscure , Set notification , thingy.

How about replacing the "Set notification" with "Flog it!"

Then if you click that , the viewers email pops up in your inbox , and you start a dialogue , just like you get if someone leaves a p.f comment or new p.m (gotta enable the notification in your settings)

No hastle for epz , paypal and all that.

Pete gets his reward through increased membership if its a known facility ?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
19 Feb 2009 - 9:54 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

jimthistle73
19 Feb 2009 - 9:58 PM

I've bought two prints from members in the last four years. They were both images which I felt were outstanding and which I thought would look good framed on the wall (they do!!).

I agree that it's a good idea - fancy buying one of mine? Smile

Eviscera
Eviscera e2 Member 81102 forum postsEviscera vcard United Kingdom149 Constructive Critique Points
19 Feb 2009 - 9:59 PM

im too thick to set up a website lol , but i thought its a good and mutual credit crunch idea ,

Last Modified By Eviscera at 19 Feb 2009 - 9:59 PM
jimthistle73
19 Feb 2009 - 10:12 PM

There would be a huge disparity of prices I'm sure, which may cause friction.... There have also been threads in years gone by regrding the (perceived) danger of EPZ turning into a microstock site. Perhaps if it were prints only (rather than files) and available only to other members it might work?

I've mooted the idea of a print swap before with some positive feedback, but I've been too lazy to set it up Smile

Eviscera
19 Feb 2009 - 10:14 PM

Portree road looks good , hows a tennor sound

Mynett
Mynett e2 Member 6137 forum postsMynett vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
19 Feb 2009 - 10:17 PM

great idea there are loads worth buying on the site

Diana
Diana e2 Member 72011 forum postsDiana vcard Netherlands19 Constructive Critique Points
19 Feb 2009 - 10:18 PM

Does Pete get a commission too ..from the sales of the prints ?

jimthistle73
19 Feb 2009 - 10:19 PM

Do you a swap for one of yours?

jimthistle73
19 Feb 2009 - 10:21 PM

Maybe we could have an 'opt in', with a standard price covering printing and P&P (say 5 - 6?). That way, those who sell their work for a living won't be selling themselves short.

Eviscera
19 Feb 2009 - 10:22 PM

no disparity , its simply down to the clicker and the poster , all offline thereafter.

Up to them to sort dpi , prices etc , no onus on epz.

Eviscera
19 Feb 2009 - 10:25 PM

Epz , just needs to make known that the flog it option exists Di , simple , the facility is would of course only be available to fully paid up membs

jimthistle73
19 Feb 2009 - 10:28 PM

So who's going to hit the 'suggestion' button at the bottom of the page? I'm too scared - I hear pressing it causes a satellite to peer at your house from space for the next three days :-(

Diana
Diana e2 Member 72011 forum postsDiana vcard Netherlands19 Constructive Critique Points
19 Feb 2009 - 10:28 PM

hmmm definately something in it for Pete then

Daves going to press it of course Wink

Last Modified By Diana at 19 Feb 2009 - 10:29 PM
Eviscera
19 Feb 2009 - 10:33 PM

its not to distract from all the brilliant websites already created ,

If they get the traffic , good on them , but hey , this is a bit better known and the websiters could direct the interesters to there own work , haha once pmd through a simple flog it option.

this could evolution.

Dave

Last Modified By Eviscera at 19 Feb 2009 - 10:33 PM
dougv
dougv Site Moderator 108375 forum postsdougv vcard England3 Constructive Critique Points
19 Feb 2009 - 11:02 PM

I believe something similar was suggested in the past.
Can't remember the outcome.
You could use the report problem/suggestion link at the bottom of every page and see what the team think of the idea.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.