Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Floods and devastation

Gaucho e2
12 2.4k 2 United Kingdom
12 Feb 2014 5:32PM
Do the floods, torrential rain and hurricane winds not exist in ePHOTOzineland? I'm possibly blind but I have not seen a mention of it in the forums, nor photographs. Is it that I'm not looking closely enough or is everyone hiding their heads in sandbags?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

12 Feb 2014 5:38PM
Terrible for the folks affected. Last thing on their minds is taking photographs i would imagine.
12 Feb 2014 5:43PM
we are nearly flooded - in worcestershire
franken e2
12 3.3k 4 Wales
12 Feb 2014 6:13PM
Heavy rain and high winds in my part of the world.

Perhaps the op could share some of his with us?Smile
779HOB 2 1.1k United Kingdom
12 Feb 2014 6:24PM
I've taken a few : these in the Western Morning News today. Also had a show on Bloomberg with another.

phil-popham.jpg

Few more here - Link
lawbert 7 1.8k 15 England
12 Feb 2014 6:30PM

Quote:Do the floods, torrential rain and hurricane winds not exist in ePHOTOzineland? I'm possibly blind but I have not seen a mention of it in the forums, nor photographs. Is it that I'm not looking closely enough or is everyone hiding their heads in sandbags?

I guess your not looking closely enoughWink
robthecamman 3 1.4k United Kingdom
12 Feb 2014 6:49PM
rather hope for sun in summertime hope no hosepipe ban
Gaucho e2
12 2.4k 2 United Kingdom
12 Feb 2014 7:06PM
Sorry Franken, I'm in the south of France which is why I was wondering.
franken e2
12 3.3k 4 Wales
12 Feb 2014 7:09PM

Quote:Sorry Franken, I'm in the south of France which is why I was wondering.

No problem, saw the UK flag and wondered if you've found somewhere in the UK without storms?Smile

Ken
Big Bri 13 15.7k United Kingdom
12 Feb 2014 7:15PM

Quote:Do the floods, torrential rain and hurricane winds not exist in ePHOTOzineland? I'm possibly blind but I have not seen a mention of it in the forums, nor photographs. Is it that I'm not looking closely enough or is everyone hiding their heads in sandbags?

It's filling every news site, do we need it here as well?
cameracat 11 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
12 Feb 2014 8:15PM

Quote:It's filling every news site, do we need it here as well?

Absolutely right Wink

The other thing that crossed my mind was running around taking images of other peoples misery, Sure the press will do that in abundance, But I'm not sure all those flooded out would be very impressed, Let's face it, If your down in the thick of it, Up to your neck in dirty water, You want all hands on deck doing something really positive, Not taking snaps, That and be honest one flooded house looks like any other, Unless it happens to be yours Sad

We have lakes where there was once green meadowland, The other half has taken few snaps of them, We are not in immediate danger of flooding at this time, But I sure hope it stops raining and blowing real soon....
779HOB 2 1.1k United Kingdom
12 Feb 2014 8:27PM

Quote: But I'm not sure all those flooded out would be very impressed

Locals didn't really mind the press being there taking photos, I had one person say I should grab a sandbag, but mostly in jest. They did mention from time to time that they were fed up with the BBC though! The farm I photographed did have a fair few sightseers stopping and taking photos. In fact while I was there cars were stopping and people walking down to the farm taking photos. I was on the road with a 400mm lens. The farmer came out to see me and invited me down to the farm where we chatted for a while and I took a few photos wished them well and left.
lawbert 7 1.8k 15 England
12 Feb 2014 8:46PM
Something Positive

img-3726.jpg

petebfrance 2 1.3k United Kingdom
12 Feb 2014 9:22PM
We've had a fair bit of flooding here in Finistère - but where I live has been spared so far. Sand-bags have been put out to protect places by the harbour, but I don't think there's been flooding of any premises, thankfully, and the danger period of high tide is now past (for a while, anyway). There have been some pretty impressive photos of flooding at Quimperle, Landernau and Chateaulin on the news on my ISPs site - water in the streets with lights reflecting on it can make quite a good photo - but it must be really horrible experience and there doesn't appear to be any let-up.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
12 Feb 2014 10:07PM

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.