Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Floods and devastation

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Gaucho
Gaucho e2 Member 122253 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
12 Feb 2014 - 5:32 PM

Do the floods, torrential rain and hurricane winds not exist in ePHOTOzineland? I'm possibly blind but I have not seen a mention of it in the forums, nor photographs. Is it that I'm not looking closely enough or is everyone hiding their heads in sandbags?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
12 Feb 2014 - 5:32 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Umberto_Vanni
Umberto_Vanni e2 Member 9361 forum postsUmberto_Vanni vcard Scotland
12 Feb 2014 - 5:38 PM

Terrible for the folks affected. Last thing on their minds is taking photographs i would imagine.

JulianRRouse
12 Feb 2014 - 5:43 PM

we are nearly flooded - in worcestershire

franken
franken e2 Member 113108 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
12 Feb 2014 - 6:13 PM

Heavy rain and high winds in my part of the world.

Perhaps the op could share some of his with us?Smile

779HOB
779HOB  21019 forum posts United Kingdom
12 Feb 2014 - 6:24 PM

I've taken a few : these in the Western Morning News today. Also had a show on Bloomberg with another.

phil-popham.jpg

Few more here - Link

Last Modified By 779HOB at 12 Feb 2014 - 6:27 PM
lawbert
lawbert  71713 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
12 Feb 2014 - 6:30 PM

Quote: Do the floods, torrential rain and hurricane winds not exist in ePHOTOzineland? I'm possibly blind but I have not seen a mention of it in the forums, nor photographs. Is it that I'm not looking closely enough or is everyone hiding their heads in sandbags?

I guess your not looking closely enoughWink

robthecamman
12 Feb 2014 - 6:49 PM

rather hope for sun in summertime hope no hosepipe ban

Gaucho
Gaucho e2 Member 122253 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
12 Feb 2014 - 7:06 PM

Sorry Franken, I'm in the south of France which is why I was wondering.

franken
franken e2 Member 113108 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
12 Feb 2014 - 7:09 PM

Quote: Sorry Franken, I'm in the south of France which is why I was wondering.

No problem, saw the UK flag and wondered if you've found somewhere in the UK without storms?Smile

Ken

Last Modified By franken at 12 Feb 2014 - 7:11 PM
Big Bri
Big Bri  1315566 forum posts England
12 Feb 2014 - 7:15 PM

Quote: Do the floods, torrential rain and hurricane winds not exist in ePHOTOzineland? I'm possibly blind but I have not seen a mention of it in the forums, nor photographs. Is it that I'm not looking closely enough or is everyone hiding their heads in sandbags?

It's filling every news site, do we need it here as well?

cameracat
cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
12 Feb 2014 - 8:15 PM

Quote: It's filling every news site, do we need it here as well?

Absolutely right Wink

The other thing that crossed my mind was running around taking images of other peoples misery, Sure the press will do that in abundance, But I'm not sure all those flooded out would be very impressed, Let's face it, If your down in the thick of it, Up to your neck in dirty water, You want all hands on deck doing something really positive, Not taking snaps, That and be honest one flooded house looks like any other, Unless it happens to be yours Sad

We have lakes where there was once green meadowland, The other half has taken few snaps of them, We are not in immediate danger of flooding at this time, But I sure hope it stops raining and blowing real soon....

779HOB
779HOB  21019 forum posts United Kingdom
12 Feb 2014 - 8:27 PM

Quote: But I'm not sure all those flooded out would be very impressed

Locals didn't really mind the press being there taking photos, I had one person say I should grab a sandbag, but mostly in jest. They did mention from time to time that they were fed up with the BBC though! The farm I photographed did have a fair few sightseers stopping and taking photos. In fact while I was there cars were stopping and people walking down to the farm taking photos. I was on the road with a 400mm lens. The farmer came out to see me and invited me down to the farm where we chatted for a while and I took a few photos wished them well and left.

lawbert
lawbert  71713 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
12 Feb 2014 - 8:46 PM

Something Positive

img-3726.jpg

petebfrance
12 Feb 2014 - 9:22 PM

We've had a fair bit of flooding here in Finistère - but where I live has been spared so far. Sand-bags have been put out to protect places by the harbour, but I don't think there's been flooding of any premises, thankfully, and the danger period of high tide is now past (for a while, anyway). There have been some pretty impressive photos of flooding at Quimperle, Landernau and Chateaulin on the news on my ISPs site - water in the streets with lights reflecting on it can make quite a good photo - but it must be really horrible experience and there doesn't appear to be any let-up.

Last Modified By petebfrance at 12 Feb 2014 - 9:23 PM
Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315243 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
12 Feb 2014 - 10:07 PM

We are in a red area, this is just a few minutes walk from my home Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=NHQE5K97iT8&...

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 12 Feb 2014 - 10:08 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.