Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Floods and devastation

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

779HOB
779HOB  21034 forum posts United Kingdom
13 Feb 2014 - 10:32 AM

Quote: I hadn't noticed many tourist photographers

They were parking at the side of the road and walking onto peoples properties to take photos of the fields. The residents were happy for the press to be there but were not so pleased with the tourists. I use the word tourist as the ones I saw were not local people.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
13 Feb 2014 - 10:32 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

peterjones
peterjones  123992 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
13 Feb 2014 - 10:45 AM

Silly me: I should have said I hadn't noticed any tourist photographers apart from me of course; sorry my M got in the way.

thewilliam
13 Feb 2014 - 1:10 PM

These days, everyone can be a "press" photographer and newspapers are happy to take images from punters because they don't have to pay for them.

Most publications have now fired their staff photographers and the freelance rates are in free-fall.

peterjones
14 Feb 2014 - 5:50 PM

pay-here.jpg
another floody image by popular request: "no let up".

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023186 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
14 Feb 2014 - 6:26 PM

Tonight it's the wind. Scarily fierce.

Gaucho
Gaucho e2 Member 122311 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
14 Feb 2014 - 6:32 PM

Whereabouts are you Keith?

Niknut
Niknut e2 Member 4660 forum postsNiknut vcard United Kingdom63 Constructive Critique Points
14 Feb 2014 - 7:56 PM

Quote: Tonight it's the wind. Scarily fierce.

Shouldn't brag about your flatulence Keith !!Smile

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014170 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
14 Feb 2014 - 8:17 PM

He is not know as "Hurricane Henson" for nothing Wink

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023186 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
14 Feb 2014 - 9:22 PM

The Fart with a Heart.

In bed Malcolm.......under the sheets. Sad

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012609 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
14 Feb 2014 - 11:00 PM

I fear for my roof, been fixed twice already and I can feel it quivering in fear now... Grin

From a photographic point of view only, Winchester Cathedral's crypt actually looks good flooded, but I dont think for one moment that would be a bonus for them :-(

KevinEllison
KevinEllison e2 Member 72542 forum postsKevinEllison vcard England
14 Feb 2014 - 11:20 PM

Best use I can think of for a cathedral...sorry no time for pompous, war initiating, religious control of the masses...still, if they'd not built it we wouldn't have the photo attractiveness I suppose...

Gaucho
Gaucho e2 Member 122311 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
15 Feb 2014 - 1:17 AM

Oh my God. Under the sheets... with... oh well.

thewilliam
15 Feb 2014 - 11:52 AM

Peter, the canoe in your pic seems to have neither a parking-paid ticket nor a penalty notice. What negligence!

peterjones
15 Feb 2014 - 1:18 PM

or a clamp ...... silly me William .....Grin Grin

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 95934 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
15 Feb 2014 - 10:18 PM

A real example of what folks are still, or will be sufferingSad

Boston 2013

No glib comments please about insurance -this is the real world, where sometimes the difference between paying insurance and putting food on the table, makes life tolerable

As far as I have seen to press, the properties affected in the Surrey/Berks area are all worth millions and the owners, however put out by the floods, will be able to resume life as normal in the near future

Somerset levels - nothing done
Tory heartland - let's get the armed forces out etc; How about Cameron's promise of people getting K5 to assist with the damage, being diverted to the folks who are still suffering from the 2013 issues?

What does someone who lives in a property valued at say Million2 and possibly earn in excess of 100K a year need the 5K for

Give it to the poor folks of this country, who are suffering just as much, but don't have the clout to do owt about it

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.