Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Focus on Imaging - meet up on Sunday 24th Feb 2008

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 813402 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
25 Feb 2008 - 1:35 PM

Carl, pm sent.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
25 Feb 2008 - 1:35 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

steve_p
steve_p  81089 forum posts England
25 Feb 2008 - 4:50 PM

Quote: , straight in but didn't realise the backlog in the free A1 photo queue would be so big, so there's a memory stick of mine there waiting to be lost!

I just hope my memory stick doesnt get lost either; like a twit I left some of my personal stuff on it. You live and learn.
The lowepro bag was a Compuday Pack i am pretty certain. Pretty good for a freebie. I have an Orion trekker which does a similar job but without the space for the Laptop.
I think next year I will have a day off work and go on the Monday or Tuesday.!
Steve

javam
javam  91083 forum posts United Kingdom19 Constructive Critique Points
25 Feb 2008 - 5:52 PM

Sounds like the communication from those manning the printer could have been better. We were told around 2 that they were out of ink and would not be doing any more prints that day and possibly not tomorrow (today) so we should take our cards back!

I was about 5 away from being printed at the time. :-(

Ah, well a small blot on an otherwise good day. Great to see some familiar faces again and meet some new ones including Pete and some of the team. Found the portrait sessions very useful and good to see Keith using a microphone for something other than singing Wink

Look forward to a better chance to catch up with some of you in 2 weeks at Rowardennan, and those not making the trip north, hopefully see you again soon.

Neil

jeanie
jeanie e2 Member 105968 forum postsjeanie vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
25 Feb 2008 - 6:02 PM

Quote: Hi jeanie, thanks. the advantage of patientline, which is a pay-per-view bedside tv/radio/inet/phone service, without which the lack of contact with the outside world would have been very difficult

LOL Wish I'd had that option when I was in hospital for a week last year - then again, folk on here probably enjoyed the week of peace and quiet Smile

Hope you got somebody to get your print for you...

Jeanie

MrsS
MrsS  74527 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
25 Feb 2008 - 6:08 PM

Quote: good to see Keith using a microphone for something other than singing

PMSL! And of course, you are right!!! Wink

DouglasLatham
25 Feb 2008 - 6:18 PM

Quote: Hi, i had been looking forward to attending focus again, especially as it is only 15 mins away from me. however friday pm i had a heart attack, and am subsequently in hospital. therefore i was wondering if i could email an image to be pinted up to someone attending? of course i can pay for reasonable expenses such as postage, or mileage from brum to cov, where i live.

PM me if any one wants
rip rap

Hope your feeling better now Smile ........... hope someone came to your help too would be nice to know that someone could help .

Dougie

Last Modified By DouglasLatham at 25 Feb 2008 - 6:18 PM
csurry
csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
25 Feb 2008 - 6:25 PM

Nicholas read your post - hope you are feeling better soon as I always look forward to your comments and participation Smile

Your avatar always makes me chuckle as I expect you to be a ranting raving lunatic in real life, but I suspect you're not Smile

Goggz
Goggz e2 Member 72301 forum postsGoggz vcard Wales72 Constructive Critique Points
25 Feb 2008 - 7:30 PM

Blimey! No excitement for riprap then! Hope you get well soon!

A word of advice to those of you still about to get to Focus and want the A1 or 2 print freebie - don't take EPZ literally when they say make it a big file size! I had a 730Mb file that was too big for the computer to open Sad

Me own fault, but you have been warned!

Also, damn, damn & double damn, I missed meeting Tooth and few others too!

Nice to see all those folks I did meet up wiv!

MrsS
MrsS  74527 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
25 Feb 2008 - 7:58 PM

Ah, Nicholas, only just read about your heart attack, I really do hope you're on the mend. What a pity I didn't know before Sunday, would have been more than happy to sort it for you Sad

Cheryl, we did our level best with MrC, I'm sure you'll do a touch os "salt rubbing-in" asap! Wink

Fran x

Snapper_T
Snapper_T e2 Member 10848 forum postsSnapper_T vcard United Kingdom
25 Feb 2008 - 8:47 PM

Yep, was a good show this year. Met some new people, Maddie, Tricia, K., Trevor and Chris Plumbe, Martin.W, Geoffrey Baker, and good to meet Gill F again, oh and of course Mr Bargh, and monsieur Henson.

The Damien Lovegrove talk was really good and inspiriational, for me anyway, and a definite recommend for anyone going over the nest few days.

As others have said, it was a long wait for the free prints, luckily I was in no rush to leave so collected mine before going home.

All in all a good turn out for epz, and know doubt new members too, oh and I manged to by a new camera body and some studio itemsSmile

Trev

Goggz
Goggz e2 Member 72301 forum postsGoggz vcard Wales72 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jun 2008 - 12:49 AM

Does anyone think it's time to unpin this thread?

stevieb
stevieb  102994 forum posts Panama2 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jun 2008 - 12:58 AM

No...discuss Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.