Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Focus on Imaging 2013

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
joshwa
joshwa ePHOTOzine Staff 3601 forum postsjoshwa vcard United Kingdom
3 Mar 2013 - 11:42 AM

Hello!

Who else is here? Looks to be a busy show with lots of deals and cameras to look at.

Spot anything great here if you've come?

I've tweeted some photos here:
https://twitter.com/joshwal

Some amazing deals at CameraWorld. Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
3 Mar 2013 - 11:42 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96032 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
3 Mar 2013 - 12:22 PM

I'll be there on Monday - I bet they don't have any bargain Sony fit macro lenses Smile

CaptivePhotons
CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111541 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
3 Mar 2013 - 12:42 PM

Quote: I'll be there on Monday - I bet they don't have any bargain Sony fit macro lenses Smile

Me too, I'll see you at the Flaghead stand Grin

JJGEE
JJGEE  96291 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
3 Mar 2013 - 1:27 PM

Quote: Looks to be a busy show

Well, it was ALWAYS busy on a Sunday so that comment is hardly surprising and one reason I started going on a Monday / Tuesday Wink

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110238 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
3 Mar 2013 - 1:58 PM

5 of us are going from from my camera club on Monday so it should be a fun day, I hope all the bargains haven't gone by then as I'm tempted to get the panasonic 35-100 f2.8 if I can find a good price (still got some of my "canon" money left to spend Grin )

mark1b
mark1b  130 forum posts United Kingdom
3 Mar 2013 - 5:18 PM

If this was more local id of got one of those pana 14mm lens for 129! think im now going next year

joshwa
3 Mar 2013 - 7:38 PM

Olympus are running a competition - they have a model with an OM-D dress made out of OM-D lens cloths: http://twitter.yfrog.com/z/hwwypgvj If you take her photo while there, post it on the galleries here, and / or tweet it with the hashtag #omgomd and you have a chance to win an Olympus camera Grin

chrisheathcote
chrisheathcote e2 Member 8241 forum postschrisheathcote vcard United Kingdom
3 Mar 2013 - 10:22 PM

Was thinking of going tomorrow, I was looking at a couple of lenses, what deals do Cameraworld have on?

Paul_Anthony
4 Mar 2013 - 7:08 AM

Making the trip up from sunny Cwmbran today, after a Lensbaby Composer and some new ND Grads.

Paul

Briwooly
Briwooly  8452 forum posts England5 Constructive Critique Points
4 Mar 2013 - 6:47 PM

Will be there Wednesday looking for any bargains Wink Smile

Brian..................

Paul_Anthony
4 Mar 2013 - 7:11 PM

Had a good day, got a bargain on the Lensbaby from Camera World and also a bit of discount on a set of ND Grads too Grin

Last Modified By Paul_Anthony at 4 Mar 2013 - 7:11 PM
brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110238 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
4 Mar 2013 - 8:15 PM

I was a bit disappointed in some ways. There seemed to be a further drift away from camera and ancilliary kit toward photo-albums, photo-processing and marketing software and an overall rather low key feel to the place.

That said, I met some of my suppliers, bumped into some old friends and got a box of the new Ilford Gold black and white paper + one of the last A4 boxes of the new Permajet Titanium paper (just missed out on the last of the A3 and no more available until June apparently) to play with

The nice little lass representing Olympus took my details and promised to give me a "heads-up" on the availablity of the promised new 40-150 f2.8 when she hears more

Worst of all, no one seemed to have the Panasonic 35-100 f2.8 I had persuaded myself I needed so I came back with the money still in my wallet. Now I will have to go through the process of justifying to myself the spending the money on it all over again!

So, overall, it was fun, but a bit less so than previous years

JJGEE
JJGEE  96291 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
4 Mar 2013 - 9:01 PM

Quote: overall rather low key feel to the place.

I wonder if the bubble has burst on this event ?

circa 1995 / 2000 there was a definite buzz around the Halls with seminars / lectures and even splashing around with chemicals in make shift darkrooms. Wink

I would be surprised if the catering has improved, I used to wander up to the Railway Station ( mainly to get a seat for a while ) for a beer & sandwich ! !

Last Modified By JJGEE at 4 Mar 2013 - 9:02 PM
goexplorephotography

I reckon This years focus is about 30% down on exhibitors. Its definatly a much lower key event. I dont think its anything to do with bubbles. Companies have just cut back due to lower marketing budgets and all that.

Its true theres a lot of stuff aimed at wedding and social photographers. However it is a trade show and the majority of working pros are in those genres.
Theres not alot for togs into landscapes etc, but landscape photography doesnt really require as much kit. Same for travel, sports and wildlife.

I was supprised that the likes of Sony and Olympus were a no show. Im sure that will be back next year. Canon failed to turn up a fews years ago and they got a fair bit of negative feed back fron loyal customers.

I usually have a couples of days there but this year just the one will do. I did see a few good bargins on show. But managed to come away with only spending 3

My wife nearly fell over when i told her

joshwa
5 Mar 2013 - 12:05 AM

Quote: ... even splashing around with chemicals in make shift darkrooms. Wink

Harman/Ilford have film processing hidden in the middle of their stand Grin
They say it takes roughly 45 minutes for them to process and print the film.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.