Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Focusing with the : NIKON AF FIT SIGMA 24mm F2.8 MC SUPER-WIDE II LENS

UrbaneMagick e2
2 135 1 United Kingdom
19 Sep 2012 7:23PM
Hi folks,

wife just bought this for me.... obviously I would prefer better, but this is our budget, so constructive advice for this lens only please Smile

Soooooo, it has just come through the post today, so I thought I;d check it out quickly.

The autofocus works fine (I'm using it with a nikon d1x).

For manual focussing, which I prefer, .......... how do I go about it? and how does it change from wide to macro ?

sounds daft, but it's so much different from my nikkor lenses, that I need a bit of input.

Thanks in advance...much appreciated.

Gareth

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

20 Sep 2012 9:58AM
If the lens is new - you could start with the lens instructions Smile
If the lens has an AF/manual focus selector - set it to the appropriate position. If the lens is AF only setting the D1x focus selector (side of the bayonet mount) to manual focus and turning the lens focus ring should work.
If the lens has a separate macro facility there will be a switch on the lens to set it. If it does not have a macro mode you can get no closer than normal minimum focus allows unless you buy a close lens attachment or extension tubes.
UrbaneMagick e2
2 135 1 United Kingdom
20 Sep 2012 12:04PM
Hi Len Shepherd...thanks for this.

It does have macro facility, so ok there.........and daft me........... I;d forgottten to turn the camera to "m" Smile

So all good now...ta muchly...greatly appreciated.
busoni 1 1
14 Dec 2012 12:27PM
Hi there!

I'm thinking of bying the same lens for shooting street photography with a Nikon D70. Will AF and metering(this concerns me most) work on my camera?
User_Removed 4 4.6k 1 Scotland
14 Dec 2012 2:01PM

Quote:Hi there!

I'm thinking of bying the same lens for shooting street photography with a Nikon D70. Will AF and metering(this concerns me most) work on my camera?

Yes. There should be no problem at all.

thewilliam 6 4.7k
14 Dec 2012 9:03PM
With a super-wide angle, the depth of field is huge when you stop down a bit. Manual focussing then means you only need do it once a year GrinGrinGrin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.