Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Foliopic

Scutter e2
7 1.7k 6 United Kingdom
6 Nov 2009 7:12PM
Am I the first person to notice this new child from the loins of EPZ Towers or just really slow? Smile

Anyone going to dabble?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
6 Nov 2009 7:14PM
Scutter e2
7 1.7k 6 United Kingdom
6 Nov 2009 7:17PM
I think they (you know who you are) Wink are being far too modest!! Smile
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
6 Nov 2009 7:20PM
Can't match Photium for me...

Wink
mattw 11 5.2k 10 United Kingdom
6 Nov 2009 7:25PM

Quote:Notice one of the nice features?

I hadnít noticed that one!

Also worth mentioning, there is a free year E2 subscription if you sign up to the advanced or pro packages for a year.
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
6 Nov 2009 7:52PM
Probably the same for all Companies that offer this type of service but I would have to get, possibly a solicitor, to explain all the legal jargon and implications in the "Terms Of Use".

Have had a browse through a couple of those already "signed" up and the navigation / speed of loading images comes across as being fast & excellent !
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
7 Nov 2009 2:58PM

Quote:I would have to get, possibly a solicitor, to explain all the legal jargon and implications in the "Terms Of Use".

lol...we adapted our ePHOTOzine T&Cs...it's standard web stuff...does anyone ever read them all anyway?

Quote:I think they (you know who you are) are being far too modest!!

We're experimenting with a different approach.

Quote:Can't match Photium for me...

Didn't know you'd tried it Mike? but I'm happy that you're happy - Photium is certainly a good product. Foliopic plays on the integrated elements with ePHOTOzine to give extra exposure.
mcgannc 6 389 3 England
7 Nov 2009 5:21PM
Just set mine up now, really easy to use - had previously been put off going down this road as I don't know anything about web code and all that stuff but this is very straight forward!

Chris
User_Removed 7 736 4
7 Nov 2009 7:58PM
Pete - how are you marketing it externally? Seems to me like Clikpic is your major competitor here (similar price point and simplicity but you have the advantage on a/ number of pix for basic package, b/ google analytics and c/ the EPZ integrated 'flog it' function). But they seem to have the budget for SPS ads in all trade and amateur press. Want to chat further about marketing? Smile
User_Removed 5 1.4k England
7 Nov 2009 8:46PM
I like foliopic.

They showcased me.

And the best value/features IMHO asides from custom site.

Smile
User_Removed 7 736 4
7 Nov 2009 8:56PM
Swwils - just to let you know - you are still linking to your xcns and frag website via your pf. Are you going to do a side by side comparison?
User_Removed 5 1.4k England
8 Nov 2009 12:41AM
foliopic still has the best value for features available asides from a custom site.

e.g. in comparison with something like carbonmade.

The things you can do with even a basic account is just well worth it.
StuartAt e2
10 1.0k 6 England
9 Nov 2009 1:10PM
Signed up with Photium for another 11 months, but will probably give this a look next October!
DannoM 6 58 England
10 Nov 2009 1:23PM
ive used it and like it. I tried clikpic etc and this was the easiest to use. Perfect for someone like me who found photoium difficult. :-(
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
10 Nov 2009 1:25PM
I'm really pleased to hear you like foliopic Daniel Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.