Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Foliopic forum

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Chant57
Chant57 e2 Member 8374 forum postsChant57 vcard United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jan 2013 - 11:22 PM

I'm having problems logging into my foliopic account. I changed my contact email address, but forgot to click on the confirmation email to activate that email, I then changed the name of my foliopic account, , though I didn't point my new domain name to my foliopic account. I asked for a new password , which was duly sent to the previous email for the account( because I hadn't confirmed the change of email by clicking on the confirmation of change of email) so when the new password arrived when I tried to log in with it it doesn't work, and when I click on "then log-in to your account and change your password by going here." It takes me to 123-reg homepage.
It's a foliopic pro account that is due to expire in 8 days, I don't know how to point my DNS to foliopic , if I did I would try that , along with the new password I was sent. I'm stuck on how to resolve this .HELP!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
15 Jan 2013 - 11:22 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318456 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jan 2013 - 11:48 PM

what's the web title / address?

Chant57
Chant57 e2 Member 8374 forum postsChant57 vcard United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jan 2013 - 11:52 PM

It was totaldigitalvision.co.uk
I changed it to allaboutthelight.co.uk but I haven't pointed my DNS to foliopic

Don't know if that makes sense to you Pete.

Chant57
15 Jan 2013 - 11:53 PM

Foliopic sent a new password for allaboutthelight to my totaldigitalvision email , however the password doesn't work

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318456 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jan 2013 - 12:06 AM

Looks like you need to redirect first.
The date is in correctly
I cant check the password because it's encrypted for security safety.

Go to your 123-reg and follow these instructions

How to setup a domain name from 123-reg.co.uk
1 Log in to the control panel

2 Select the domain name you want to become your foliopic domain and click manage

3 Scroll down to A, CNAME and TXT records

4 Set the following
Name: www
Type: A Record
Address: 85.118.234.132

Name: *

Name: @

5 Scroll down and click Update DNS

6 Wait for 24-48 hours for the foliopic site to be correctly linked with your domain name

Chant57
16 Jan 2013 - 12:09 AM

Thanks Pete.
I've changed the www A record as requested, I've changed the @ A record as requested but their isnt a * A record ( that I can see) !

Pete
16 Jan 2013 - 12:17 AM

Hmmmm...maybe they just have the two since we last looked. If there's a problem the support at 123 is usually really good.

Chant57
16 Jan 2013 - 12:17 AM

And now I've changed the www A record and the @ A record I cannot see an Update DNS button to save the changes :-(

Chant57
16 Jan 2013 - 12:18 AM

Is it not possible to log in using allaboutthelight.foliopic.com ?

Pete
16 Jan 2013 - 12:25 AM

Only with a password and I cannot access that. Try and request another and follow the instructions closely.

Chant57
16 Jan 2013 - 12:35 AM

Hmmmm very strange - when I request another reminder for allaboutthelight I now get this message "
Error
Your email/website address doesn't match any in our database". - even though I was previously sent a new password for it
"

Chant57
16 Jan 2013 - 12:41 AM

Even stranger - I've just been sent a new password for allaboutthelight and it doesn't work.
Plus ive been sent an email informing me allaboutthelight.co.uk will expire in 7 days. ( which is true), and if it expires it will be deactivated - but I can't log into it!!

Pete
16 Jan 2013 - 1:04 AM

Quote: Error
Your email/website address doesn't match any in our database". - even though I was previously sent a new password for it

Yes I think it's because you've changed address but not changed dns. As I said earlier you probably have to get all that correct now. David will have a look in the morning for you.

Quote: Plus ive been sent an email informing me allaboutthelight.co.uk will expire in 7 days. ( which is true), and if it expires it will be deactivated - but I can't log into it!!

We can bring it back again, but there should be no need everything will be fine after the dns is sorted.

just a thought - you are trying to access the site through http://totaldigitalvision.foliopic.com/admin/ arent you and not allaboutthelight.co.uk ?

Last Modified By Pete at 16 Jan 2013 - 1:06 AM
Chant57
16 Jan 2013 - 1:41 AM

Yay! Success in so far as I managed to log in using the link you posted Pete. I had tried logging in using totaldigitalvision.foliopic.com and allaboutthelight.foliopic.com and was unsuccessful - however the link worked! I've reverted the name back to totaldigitalvision and emailed 123-reg for support regarding pointing allaboutthelight domain to foliopic.

Thanks for your prompt responses. Truly appreciated

Chant57
19 Jan 2013 - 9:34 AM

All up and running, using the new name. Have renewed my foliopic account today but the voucher code given for free E2 membership is not working . I just get the message

Please correct the error(s) below to continue.
The voucher code you have entered is either incorrect or no longer valid.

Have raised a report with EPZ as just renewed today and attempted to use the voucher today.

Thanks for all the assistance in particular for changing the sub domain for me. Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.