Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Foliopic shop.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    THIRDEYE
    THIRDEYE  835 forum posts United Kingdom
    29 May 2012 - 5:56 PM

Itís now been a year since signing up to Foliopic www.picseye.com and during that time Iíve had over 31,000 page viewings.

So Iím now thinking that I might take the next step and try selling through the shop and Cafepress. But first Iíd like to put the questions to the floor!!

Has anyone had any success using the shop? And how does the Cafepress system work?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    29 May 2012 - 5:56 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

hornchurch
    30 May 2012 - 9:10 AM

I have the following accounts cafe press, zazzle, redbubble, photo4me, fineart america, deviant art..... If i pick out redbubble I have had 20000 views in 5 months and sold 4 images... so views are not something you should go on...... with zazzle and cafe press you create a account upload your images then either bulk upload products tag and title this creates around 100 products with Zazzle or around 260 with Cafe press... and then sit back and wait...... remember there are millions of images on these sites as for sales I have about 300 images on each and make around 8 sales per month.... anything from a $3 postcard upto a $35 6 foot square shower curtain...... if i looked at my hourly rate with time spent uploading and titling tagging then its a few pence per hour..... but once the images are there they are there until you remove them.......photo 4 me and fineart one image sold on each in 5 months.... these were 24-16 inch framed images costing over £100 each but again its a % commision based thing....... I am still uploading and tagging and titling even now..... its a long and slow process..... but long term and I mean a few years you should create a income to supplement your day job...... if you need to Know more let me Know

THIRDEYE
    30 May 2012 - 6:23 PM

Thanks for taking the time to reply, some handy info. Looks like it's going to be a long hard slog!!
    I'm astonished that I had only one response to this thread!

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    30 May 2012 - 7:11 PM

This is a useful FAQ section on Cafepress that explains the selling process. Selling on Cafepress

THIRDEYE
    30 May 2012 - 7:48 PM

Thanks Pete just what I was after.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.