Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Food for Thought

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Sooty_1
Sooty_1 Critique Team 41208 forum posts United Kingdom198 Constructive Critique Points
27 Sep 2011 - 2:54 PM

Unfortunately the greed ethic is prevalent throughout all tiers of society.

Thatcherism told people they could have what they wanted, as long as they were prepared to work for it. 'New' Labour, since 1997, tells people that they don't have to work for it - it will be delivered into their laps. The work ethic is no longer as important as knowing how to play the benefits system.

And whilst it doesn't help, it is amusing to see Labour ministers smugly blaming the current government for the financial problems we now face, despite the fact that they were the ones who tied us up and dragged us to the edge of the abyss in the first place. Labour wanted to be everybody's friend handing out money to all sorts of quack schemes, now we reap the benefits.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
27 Sep 2011 - 2:54 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012607 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
27 Sep 2011 - 3:01 PM

I had to laugh at the irony when reading about the 'scathing attack' on asset strippers by Ed Milliband Grin

gcarth
gcarth e2 Member 102290 forum postsgcarth vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
27 Sep 2011 - 5:42 PM

Quote:
And whilst it doesn't help, it is amusing to see Labour ministers smugly blaming the current government for the financial problems we now face, despite the fact that they were the ones who tied us up and dragged us to the edge of the abyss in the first place. Labour wanted to be everybody's friend handing out money to all sorts of quack schemes, now we reap the benefits.

I agree that Labour made a complete mess of things - in the economy, foreign policy etc. However, as I've said several times before, that is because they were following mainly Tory policies. In other words we reaped what we sowed when Thatcher deregulated everything that moved and Blair and Brown followed this up with similar policies and crazy credit schemes and ever more disastrous and murderous foreign policies.
I really don't see that you can slide a cigarette paper between the two parties while the predominantly Tory owned media keeps makes sure that we still have almost a one-party state.

Anyway, I think I'm probably drifting too much from Denny's original thread. SadWink

Last Modified By gcarth at 27 Sep 2011 - 5:43 PM
StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014859 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
27 Sep 2011 - 5:49 PM

That's ok with me Garth, it all fits in the same vein.Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.