Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Forgotten how awful it makes you feel!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
janeez
janeez e2 Member 61182 forum postsjaneez vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
16 Dec 2013 - 5:34 PM

rosie-2-web.jpg

Had to say goodbye to my dear old doggy this morning. Rosie had reached the grand old age of 15 and it looked like she had developed a tumour in her throat. She was a flatcoat cross and had the sweetest nature, faithful to the end and would follow my husband everywhere. We got her from a local animal sanctuary and when we first had her she was so frightened it took her a while to settle in but once she did she made friends with everyone. Very sad she has gone but so happy she has been part of our lives.

rosie-web.jpg She loved rooting around a meadow flushing out pheasants or rabbits and was frequently covered in grass seeds!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
16 Dec 2013 - 5:34 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84271 forum postsKarenFB vcard England163 Constructive Critique Points
16 Dec 2013 - 5:47 PM

No matter what platitudes we tell ourselves..................it still hurts! I hope you and your family can find comfort in knowing she had a good life with you. Smile

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43842 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
16 Dec 2013 - 6:06 PM

I can imagine removing the grass seeds from her coat was a bit of a job!

Karen is right, it still hurts, like the loss of any loved one does. They are family members, only difference is they have four legs, not two.

Malc

Last Modified By saltireblue at 16 Dec 2013 - 6:19 PM
Umberto_Vanni
Umberto_Vanni e2 Member 9359 forum postsUmberto_Vanni vcard Scotland
16 Dec 2013 - 6:07 PM

Very sad. Best wishes.

sherlob
sherlob e2 Member 82313 forum postssherlob vcard United Kingdom125 Constructive Critique Points
16 Dec 2013 - 6:07 PM

So sorry for your loss. Give yourselves time to adjust - it can take a while.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64371 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
16 Dec 2013 - 6:09 PM

When our beloved pets die we can all take comfort in knowing that they had happy lives with us and had the best care we could give. What a beautiful dog, and I'm sure you have many, many wonderful photographs to cherish.
x

JN_CHATELAIN_PHOTOGRAPHY
16 Dec 2013 - 6:10 PM

It always hard to lose a friend, including a dog friend. You gave her a good life and looked after her until the end.
I'm very sorry to hear about your loss.
best wishes,
Jean-Noel

scottishphototours

Had to get our cat put down last month....a truly sad few days. Know how you're feeling!

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 85912 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
16 Dec 2013 - 6:48 PM

Thoughts are with you

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110236 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
16 Dec 2013 - 7:03 PM

Dogs become part of the family and the pain of loss is very real.

You gave her a good life and have happy memories of her which will hopefully help ease the loss

lawbert
lawbert  71713 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
16 Dec 2013 - 7:20 PM

Rosie was just beautiful,
We had to say goodbye to our Colin earlier this year who sounds so much like Rosie,
He was a stray and took so much work to settle in but I guess like Rosie gave more than he took.
It will get easier, says I with tears in my eyes.
Thinking of you and your husband on this very sad day.

213hardy
213hardy e2 Member 6544 forum posts213hardy vcard England
16 Dec 2013 - 7:23 PM

This is my old friend, Gin, gone these past 4 years, before still find it hard to look at pictures of her.

janeez
janeez e2 Member 61182 forum postsjaneez vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
16 Dec 2013 - 7:23 PM

We are just so sad. You don't realise what a huge part of your life they become until it is time to say goodbye. Sad

janeez
16 Dec 2013 - 7:24 PM

Quote: This is my old friend, Gin, gone these past 4 years, before still find it hard to look at pictures of her

That brought a tear to my eye. What a gorgeous doggy.

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 85912 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
16 Dec 2013 - 7:59 PM

It bloody well hurts!!!!

...and don't let anyone tell you any different

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.