Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Formula -E

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Graham_Rainham
17 Jul 2013 - 3:43 PM

For those interested in Motor Sports next year is looking very interesting

http://www.fiaformulae.com/

Also Things are "Hotting-Up" Smile

Latest Team to join in this exciting new Motor Sport

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
17 Jul 2013 - 3:43 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

simmybear
simmybear  832 forum posts
17 Jul 2013 - 4:51 PM

I've had one of those cars for years there is a wire underneath that fits in a slot ... oh hang on a minute that's scalextric

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023175 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jul 2013 - 4:54 PM

Can't wait to hear one of those? Be like a grid full of Dysons.

GarethRobinson
GarethRobinson e2 Member 8997 forum postsGarethRobinson vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jul 2013 - 6:16 PM

pre order from ann summers.

lawbert
lawbert  71720 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jul 2013 - 6:24 PM

Lets not forget F1 next year will have three different power sources, Engine, Turbo and KersWink
Audi have been most successful in LMP racing with a diesel electric HybridWink
An electric motor has far more torque than a petrol engine so it really should be an interesting seriesWink

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 44029 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway26 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jul 2013 - 6:26 PM

Quote: Be like a grid full of Dysons.

Quote: ... from ann summers.

Now there's a weird combination!Grin

Last Modified By saltireblue at 17 Jul 2013 - 6:26 PM
GarethRobinson
GarethRobinson e2 Member 8997 forum postsGarethRobinson vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jul 2013 - 6:34 PM

hehehehehe

Graham_Rainham
17 Jul 2013 - 7:00 PM

Quote: I've had one of those cars for years there is a wire underneath that fits in a slot ... oh hang on a minute that's scalextric

Now you have given away another of my ideas for a shot with a kid, standing at the side of the track, holding an over sized Scalextric Controller Wink

john thompson
17 Jul 2013 - 8:28 PM

I was at the festival of speed on Saturday and a similar sort of car went of the start line, it was quite strange seeing a F 1 type car searing off into the distance and make no noise.

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023175 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jul 2013 - 9:39 PM

That would be the Drayson that managed an overall third was it?

cosmicnode
18 Jul 2013 - 6:05 AM

Quote: I've had one of those cars for years there is a wire underneath that fits in a slot ... oh hang on a minute that's scalextric

Now you have given away another of my ideas for a shot with a kid, standing at the side of the track, holding an over sized Scalextric Controller Wink

Correct, these are slot cars, however if you compare a scalextric to a scooter these slot cars are comparable to F1, in terms of speed some can achieve actual speeds of around 70 mph.
Just setting off to the young driver test at Silverstone. Photos later.

davereet
davereet e2 Member 10206 forum postsdavereet vcard United Kingdom
18 Jul 2013 - 8:29 AM

How long are the races? do they pit stop and slot in a new battery? or is it a short sprint?

Dave

keithh
18 Jul 2013 - 1:20 PM

One hour race. A 20 stint, then swap for new fully charged car, another twenty minute stint and then swap back to the original slightly re-charged car for a ten minute blast to the finish.

This tells you that swapping cars gives them time for a pee, a cup of tea and catch up with the soaps.

davereet
davereet e2 Member 10206 forum postsdavereet vcard United Kingdom
18 Jul 2013 - 3:03 PM

Thats only fifty minutes, do they pedal the last ten minutes? ala Sinclair C5

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jul 2013 - 4:12 PM

Half the disability scooter users in Southport drive like they are in Formula-E already! It's sometimes safer to walk on the roads.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.