Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Formula -E

17 Jul 2013 3:43PM
For those interested in Motor Sports next year is looking very interesting

http://www.fiaformulae.com/

Also Things are "Hotting-Up" Smile

Latest Team to join in this exciting new Motor Sport

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

simmybear 8 32
17 Jul 2013 4:51PM
I've had one of those cars for years there is a wire underneath that fits in a slot ... oh hang on a minute that's scalextric
keithh e2
11 23.4k 33 Wallis And Futuna
17 Jul 2013 4:54PM
Can't wait to hear one of those? Be like a grid full of Dysons.
17 Jul 2013 6:16PM
pre order from ann summers.
lawbert 7 1.8k 15 England
17 Jul 2013 6:24PM
Lets not forget F1 next year will have three different power sources, Engine, Turbo and KersWink
Audi have been most successful in LMP racing with a diesel electric HybridWink
An electric motor has far more torque than a petrol engine so it really should be an interesting seriesWink
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
17 Jul 2013 6:26PM

Quote: Be like a grid full of Dysons.

Quote:... from ann summers.

Now there's a weird combination!Grin
17 Jul 2013 6:34PM
hehehehehe
17 Jul 2013 7:00PM

Quote:I've had one of those cars for years there is a wire underneath that fits in a slot ... oh hang on a minute that's scalextric

Now you have given away another of my ideas for a shot with a kid, standing at the side of the track, holding an over sized Scalextric Controller Wink
john thompson 11 755 United Kingdom
17 Jul 2013 8:28PM
I was at the festival of speed on Saturday and a similar sort of car went of the start line, it was quite strange seeing a F 1 type car searing off into the distance and make no noise.
keithh e2
17 Jul 2013 9:39PM
That would be the Drayson that managed an overall third was it?
cosmicnode 5 21 England
18 Jul 2013 6:05AM

Quote:I've had one of those cars for years there is a wire underneath that fits in a slot ... oh hang on a minute that's scalextric

Now you have given away another of my ideas for a shot with a kid, standing at the side of the track, holding an over sized Scalextric Controller Wink

Correct, these are slot cars, however if you compare a scalextric to a scooter these slot cars are comparable to F1, in terms of speed some can achieve actual speeds of around 70 mph.
Just setting off to the young driver test at Silverstone. Photos later.
davereet e2
10 219 United Kingdom
18 Jul 2013 8:29AM
How long are the races? do they pit stop and slot in a new battery? or is it a short sprint?

Dave
keithh e2
18 Jul 2013 1:20PM
One hour race. A 20 stint, then swap for new fully charged car, another twenty minute stint and then swap back to the original slightly re-charged car for a ten minute blast to the finish.

This tells you that swapping cars gives them time for a pee, a cup of tea and catch up with the soaps.
davereet e2
10 219 United Kingdom
18 Jul 2013 3:03PM
Thats only fifty minutes, do they pedal the last ten minutes? ala Sinclair C5
digicammad 11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
18 Jul 2013 4:12PM
Half the disability scooter users in Southport drive like they are in Formula-E already! It's sometimes safer to walk on the roads.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.