Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Fotolia

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    hornchurch
    28 Dec 2011 - 1:18 PM

Over the last 2 days I have submitted 40 images to photolia..... Of these they accepted 1, the vast majority were rejected on Intelectual property rights..... images of the Lloyds building , the gherking and the london eye..... which seems a bit odd as they have images of these on there site...... the leadenhall market images were rejected on quality issues most of these images are on my portfolio And the leadenhall market images were made different to standard images by making them black and white or sepia toned..... I joined alamy last night but after this I dare not upload to them If a micro stock will not accept My images then I have no chance with alamy.... So I am not asking or wanting any votes on my photos but can anyone on here that does stock photography have a look at my images and give a opinion on wether fotolia are just being over fussy or right ... regards David

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    28 Dec 2011 - 1:18 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Patricia Fenn
    28 Dec 2011 - 2:12 PM

don't be too upset about the rejections on quality. I've had several images rejected by Fotolia that where later accepted by Getty and have sold for a much better price. I no longer post with microstock. I had an image that was published by national geographic, and an image that was runner up in commercial photographer of the year, also rejected by them.
    I have also had rejected microstock images accepted by Almay.

about the images that need property rights. If you are going with micro stock, Shutterstock accept these images and in my opinion are one of the better microstock companies.

I am disillusioned with microstock and have stopped uploading to their library's, finding Photographersdirect and Getty far more profitable.

Nevertheless, the really high standard of microstock did make me panic/fret and try a lot harder to improve the quality of my images, so I look on the experience as nothing more than another valuable lesson in photography.

Hope that helps,
    Patricia.

Last Modified By Patricia Fenn at 28 Dec 2011 - 2:15 PM
    manuka
    manuka  7 United Kingdom
    28 Dec 2011 - 5:12 PM

I've been with Fotolia for a few years - generally i have about one third of photos submitted rejected (and it's not always obvious why)
    I don't sell alot but do so consistently - it's a hobby so i'm reasonably happy for the amount of effort i put in!

mohikan22
    mohikan22  102188 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Dec 2011 - 11:57 AM

same here ,i have been with Fotolia yrs now and i have sold only 3 images and made a whole 7. i have recently uploaded 11 and they chose 2 (1 rejected was my competition 3rd place on EPZ!) those uploaded 2 weeks ago have had 0 views too. so not to worry, you've done nothing wrong.
    Matt.

hornchurch
    29 Dec 2011 - 12:34 PM

Hi thanks for the reply matt.... I looked at your images and there Impressive. I think like a lot of industrys there are a element of lack of care staff and its no different here... David

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.