Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

FRAMES!! and whats good ??

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    shannron
    shannron  797 forum posts United Kingdom
    15 May 2008 - 9:41 AM

Looking for some info on framing companies, i.e. reasonibly priced good quality etc.

I have purchased my own portable studio and have some clients lined up and want to offer my prints framed as a service.

Any guidance would be appreciated!

Cheers

Shaz

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    15 May 2008 - 9:41 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

irishman
    irishman  101118 forum posts Ireland2 Constructive Critique Points
    15 May 2008 - 9:50 AM

Shaz, If I were you, my first port of call would be my local framers, as they can be as competitive, reliable and handy for collection. If you use them often enough, you will build up a rapport anf may get discounts etc.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    jmolligo
    jmolligo  860 forum posts United States
    15 May 2008 - 10:21 AM

An asian photographer who sells his work on the sidewalks in lower Manhatten uses frames from this site www.jn-arts.com. They are nice black plastic photo frames (very thin frame border, unobtrusive) with molded in hangers (ready to hang). I've gone to the site but it is in chinese - I didn't install the language pack, so I've never navigated the site (don't know if it is wholesale or retail, or whereabouts on the site you may find the particular frame I described). It might be worth taking a look, however.

FatHandedChap
    15 May 2008 - 10:25 AM

I agree with Martin. I did a lot of research on web based framers, but ended up with my local framer who was equally well priced (even more with the volume discounts I now get).

It's nice to have the personal touch, and they're always willing to accommodate my vagueries, and even rush orders and home deliver if needs be. (And I don't think any web based companies would buy me a couple of bottles of wine at Christmas!)

Chris_H
    Chris_H  101471 forum posts1 Constructive Critique Points
    15 May 2008 - 10:30 AM

As everyone has said look out for local framers, I tried doing it myself by buying frames from the net, but it was more hassle than it was worth.

I get all my printing and framing done at the same place by the same person, after bringing in regular work I now get quite a good discount, because its the same person printing and framing my stuff the results are also consistent and I can often call up at short notice to get an image printed and framed that day.

Chris

CathyT
    CathyT e2 Member 87253 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
    15 May 2008 - 10:40 AM

Have a look HERE.

Click, create a frame or frame and mount.

Last Modified By CathyT at 15 May 2008 - 10:42 AM
    Tricia
    Tricia e2 Member 8325 forum postsTricia vcard Ireland
    15 May 2008 - 10:46 AM

Look at DIY Framing for everything you could need.
    Tricia

stibnite
    stibnite  7131 forum posts United Kingdom
    15 May 2008 - 1:16 PM

bookmarking, got some links at home will post later

dasantillo
    15 May 2008 - 1:35 PM

I use Ready Made Picture Frame Co. Their prices are excellent, the quality spot on and they make bespoke sizes in any quantity, plus their customer service is always fantastic. I've ordered hundreds of frames from them and they've always sorted out any problems - breakages, defects, etc. immediately.

They have a huge range and also retail outlets if you want to have a look at the real thing before ordering at trade price.

The only downside is the minimum order, but if you go for them it's worth ordering the extra few to get free delivery.

KR

Dan.

thewaiter
    thewaiter  121177 forum posts England9 Constructive Critique Points
    15 May 2008 - 2:01 PM

another suggestions is in the frame , used them for 20 frames in my recent exhibition, have a chat with Neil.

Don't be put off by the website!

Kevin

Last Modified By thewaiter at 15 May 2008 - 2:01 PM
    stibnite
    stibnite  7131 forum posts United Kingdom
    15 May 2008 - 7:25 PM

I have had one lot from here and they were very good value
    frames

For mounts I found this place but haven't used them yet

mounts

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.