Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

FRAMES

Baz72 5 30 Scotland
2 Apr 2011 11:34AM
Hi...need a bit of help/advice here, been looking to frame a few of my pics recently but a bit put off at the price of some of the frames i have been looking at, was looking at a flat black 10inch by 10inch frame, 30ish seems to be the going rate...does anyone know any cheaper websites/shops !
thanks
Brian.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

keithh e2
10 23.2k 33 Wallis And Futuna
2 Apr 2011 12:14PM
Have you tried Wilkinsons, The Range and Ikea. A square 10x10 frame - if they do them- would fall into the 5-7 bracket.
2 Apr 2011 12:19PM
Wilkinsons you can tell they're not fantastic quality when you handle them but they look great on the wall

Edit - Pipped at the post
lobsterboy e2
10 14.2k 13 United Kingdom
2 Apr 2011 12:52PM

Quote:Have you tried Wilkinsons, The Range and Ikea. A square 10x10 frame - if they do them- would fall into the 5-7 bracket.

I've just framed a load of paintings for the current Mrs Lobster and we used frames from The Range. They seemed good quality and looked great, better than Ikea as the glass wasn't as thin. For mailorder - you can try these people .
HouseMartin 5 193 1 England
2 Apr 2011 1:36PM
These guys do a good selection at very reasonable prices. Naff name but never had probs.
Kris_Dutson 12 8.2k 1 England
2 Apr 2011 8:48PM
I use the same as Paul above. They do some very nice wooden frames at a very good price and my customers love 'em. Smile
BigRick 9 2.1k 3 United Kingdom
2 Apr 2011 11:40PM
i prefer to pay decent money for frames.... whats the point in taking an excellent photo with 1000's of of gear, and putting it behind 3 of glass.... you might as well take it with a mobile phone!! I use non reflective glass too, as even though it can be another 20 for a large frame, i think it is worth it.
Picture_Newport 6 659 19 United Kingdom
3 Apr 2011 2:25PM
The 'Ready Made Picture Frame Company' have a nice range and their prices anit too shabby either.

Paul
Picture_Newport 6 659 19 United Kingdom
3 Apr 2011 2:27PM
If you are after something a little bit special take a look at 'Ultimat'.
Kris_Dutson 12 8.2k 1 England
3 Apr 2011 9:39PM

Quote:I prefer to pay decent money for frames.... whats the point in taking an excellent photo with 1000's of of gear, and putting it behind 3 of glass.... you might as well take it with a mobile phone!! I use non reflective glass too, as even though it can be another 20 for a large frame, i think it is worth it.

Depends on what your customers are prepared to pay and what the competition's doing.
randomrubble 10 3.0k 12 United Kingdom
3 Apr 2011 10:03PM
4x90 seem quite good for 'off the shelf' frames. Of course there are other options, I've just put an exhibition up using frames from charity shops anywhere from 1 and up Smile.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.