Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Frames for prints?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
nicanddi
nicanddi  11316 forum posts
3 Aug 2005 - 7:56 AM

Could anyone recommend a decent framing company in the UK? I'm being increasingly asked to supply regular photographic sized prints in frames and can't seem to find a local company that's affordable?

I sell a lot of 7 x 5 and 10 x 8 inch wedding and portrait prints and have always priced them and sold them as prints only, without matting/framing etc, but so many clients are now asking for frames.

I'm happy to do the matting/mounting myself if needed, so would need a company that could supply either just the frams, or better still, the frames with pre-cut board mounts in standard photographic print sized apertures.

I've searched high and low on the net and can only find companies like fourXninety.com who double their prices when P+P is added for any order under 300!!

Any help or recommendations greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Nic.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
3 Aug 2005 - 7:56 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1013937 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
3 Aug 2005 - 8:27 AM

Hi Nic,

Have you taken a look at http://www.fastframes.co.uk/? I found them to offer a good product at reasonable prices.

Chris

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1013937 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
3 Aug 2005 - 8:30 AM

Also for the Epz Exhibition we used frames from Ikea and The Range. Both of whom do great looking frames cheaper than you can buy the materials! If you seal up the back of the frame, very few people could tell the difference Smile

Chris

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 109966 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
3 Aug 2005 - 8:41 AM

Interesting to hear about the IKEA frames Chris. Are they only available if you visit in-store do you know as I haven't found much from their on-line catalogue, (What there is is expensive and very limited)

I'm always on the look-out for reasonably priced frames, so far my best bet is a tame pro-framer who will make for me - but in bulk and sometimes I need one-offs

Brian

nicanddi
nicanddi  11316 forum posts
3 Aug 2005 - 9:24 AM

Thanks guys,

Chris, I've just emailed fast frames with an enquiry.

Cheers mate.

Nic.

lobsterboy
3 Aug 2005 - 9:59 AM

Quote: Interesting to hear about the IKEA frames Chris. Are they only available if you visit in-store do you know as I haven't found much from their on-line catalogue

Yup, you have to visit and they don't always have the same stock but for larger sizes they are preety much unbeatable Smile

keithh
keithh  1022557 forum posts Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
3 Aug 2005 - 10:06 AM

I looked at Ikea frames but found them a bit cheap looking and many have plastic instead of non reflective glass...always found Habitat frames to be better made and just as reasonably priced.

Worth having a word with a local frame shop on the premise of repeat business.

lobsterboy
3 Aug 2005 - 10:11 AM

Quote: I looked at Ikea frames but found them a bit cheap looking and many have plastic instead of non reflective glass

Good point - steer well clear of the plastic "glass"...its really nasty.

aftertherain
3 Aug 2005 - 12:32 PM

If you have a Wilkinsons store near you check that out.
Much better than Ikea frames and price includes a cream mount.

Glamrox
Glamrox  9304 forum posts United Kingdom
3 Aug 2005 - 12:34 PM

But you cant eat a plate load of meatballs at Wilkos!

UserDeleted
3 Aug 2005 - 1:30 PM

Nic,

Spiver Hallfield or Borders Frames if you want to look at larger, professional frames for the wedding and portrait market.

Keith's suggestion about a local framing shop is also a good one, and likely cheaper than either of the above - but it depends on what you have locally...

Mike.

AdrianTurner
3 Aug 2005 - 2:26 PM

Nic for a local supplier, try House of Frames, they are on Llansamlet Enterprise Park. 01792 310777.

You should be able to get a good rate and they are always handy for custom sizes.

As said above, worth taking a look in 'Wilkinsons' also 'The Range' usually have some decent standard sizes.

Adrian.

kinard
kinard  935 forum posts United Kingdom
3 Aug 2005 - 3:04 PM

Have you seen or tried this company

www.4x90.com

Havent used them myself but they do have a huge selection.

rogerbryan
rogerbryan e2 Member 9397 forum postsrogerbryan vcard United Kingdom
3 Aug 2005 - 3:47 PM

I tend to buy my frames from Hobbycraft. They are Neilson aluminium frames and the prices are about the same as fast Frames.

Roger

dark_lord
dark_lord Critique Team 101390 forum postsdark_lord vcard England95 Constructive Critique Points
3 Aug 2005 - 11:00 PM

I'd go for Wilkinson or Hobbycraft too - in fact I have. Hobbycraft also sell the frames and glass separately.

Keith.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.