Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Frames in Elements 5

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Cabit
    Cabit  7104 forum posts England
    2 Jul 2007 - 11:05 PM

Being a beginner & a bit of a dumbo, I'm trying to put some frames around my uploads, but they all look rubbish, has anybody got any tips or point me in the right direction to do this in Elements 5.
    Thanks Dave

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    2 Jul 2007 - 11:05 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Davidmet
    Davidmet  9209 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Jul 2007 - 12:34 AM

I use Paintshop Pro xi but I think E5 has the same kind of stuff. I steer clear of the pre made frames as they tend to take up an awful lot of of the upload and detract from the image.
    I use simple boarders which can normally be found under the image tab.
    You may have to play with the settings but I use about 200 to 250 pixel size and pick an accent colour at 7 px from the image. Hope this makes some sort of sense. Smile

woolybill1
    woolybill1 e2 Member 7woolybill1 vcard United Kingdom65 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Oct 2007 - 1:39 PM

Hi Dave - you may wish to try this method of adding a simple frame:

Once your photo is edited

- Go to Image > Resize > Canvas Size

- In the box that appears, change New Size to Pixels and uncheck the box marked Relative

- Increase the pixel size by the size of frame you want (e.g. my photo coordinates are 3008 x 2000 pixels, so to give a15-pixel frame all round I alter this to 3038 x 2030 (add 30 to each dimension).

- Select a canvas extension colour (b/w/grey are given, or select your own from 'Other'), then check the box.

- Finally click OK, and your picture will appear with the chosen colour surround.

This is just for simple surrounds; when you upload to e2 remember to choose a complementary colour background so your frame appears! No idea how to do more complicated ones, but one step at a time for me!

Hope this helps. I found it whilst browsing a magazine and managed to remember it till I got home!

Best of luck,
    Bill

Last Modified By woolybill1 at 24 Oct 2007 - 1:41 PM
    mrswoolybill
    mrswoolybill Critique Team 7440 forum postsmrswoolybill vcard United Kingdom1028 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Oct 2007 - 2:02 PM

Just a quick footnote to the above - when you go into 'canvas size', a grid appears at the bottom under 'anchor'. If you want an even frame all the way round, check that the square is central in the box with arrows radiating in all directions. You can vary the position if you want.
    Once you've added one frame you can of course repeat the procedure with another colour.
    Moira

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.