Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Free Adobe CS2 - old but worthwhile?

chris.maddock 13 3.4k United Kingdom
8 Jan 2013 10:24AM

Quote:Mac, Win 2000 or XP Sad

Haven't tried it yet but it looks like it will run on Windows 7 - however there is a caveat over 64-bit versions of XP and 7, looks like the installer doesn't work properly installing into the OS's default folder for 32-bit apps;

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/563291

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-path-contains-unsupported-characters.html

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Ewanneil 4 1.1k 2 Scotland
8 Jan 2013 11:36AM
Thanks for the links and info. I downloaded a copy to my Windows7, 64bit PC and everything seems absolutely fine.
BEVZED e2
7 1.1k United Kingdom
8 Jan 2013 11:43AM
ah, further down the list of downloads is another Phsp exe thingy as well as the 4 bits at the top Grin

which bit did you get those from Chris?
8 Jan 2013 1:39PM
The two links I posted at 10:24?

I found those when I was googling to see if I could find what the difference between the two Acrobat versions was and one search came back with people having trouble on 64-bit machines. The first link was from the Google search result and the second from links within that.
BEVZED e2
7 1.1k United Kingdom
8 Jan 2013 2:58PM
thanks Chris Smile Got it now, well pleased to have that back on my machine - it did work on Vista!
Jestertheclown 6 6.6k 242 England
8 Jan 2013 6:33PM
To completely clarify things, I've just downloaded and installed Photoshop CS2 using the link from the other thread that's running and it works just fine. In fact it's like stepping back in time.

Anyone looking for free or cheap editing software would be foolish, to say the least, not to take advantage of this offer.

Even if you don't use everything that it can do, you'll be impressed with what's available.

(Elements users who haven't got and have never used Photoshop and who often tell us how unnecessary its powers are, now's your chance to find out!)

I'm using Windows 8, albeit on a 32 bit machine.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
8 Jan 2013 7:49PM

Quote:Anyone looking for free or cheap editing software would be foolish, to say the least, not to take advantage of this offer

I don`t believe it was intended as free software Smile

Update 2: Looks like Adobe didnít actually mean to release CS2 for free to the entire world, even though it didnít say anything, and still doesnít, on the download site about it. And there we thought Adobeís fail was a late Christmas present and all.
8 Jan 2013 8:15PM
Well, they haven't exactly gone out of their way to do anything about it - the first move I'd have made would have been a tossup between sticking a big banner on the page to clarify what it's for or taking the page down completely.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
8 Jan 2013 8:22PM
True Smile
comma 6 101 6 United Kingdom
8 Jan 2013 10:17PM
As a PS7 user I feel relatively happy tonight......Wink
icphoto 13 1.5k England
10 Jan 2013 5:11PM
Can you update the ACR part of it to the current version?
comma 6 101 6 United Kingdom
10 Jan 2013 9:15PM
my version of cs2 doesnt have ACR.... am I missing something?
10 Jan 2013 9:46PM
Isn't it part of Bridge?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.