Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Free Adobe CS2 - old but worthwhile?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

chris.maddock
8 Jan 2013 - 10:24 AM

Quote: Mac, Win 2000 or XP Sad

Haven't tried it yet but it looks like it will run on Windows 7 - however there is a caveat over 64-bit versions of XP and 7, looks like the installer doesn't work properly installing into the OS's default folder for 32-bit apps;

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/563291
http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-path-contains-unsupported-charact...

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
8 Jan 2013 - 10:24 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Ewanneil
Ewanneil  41118 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jan 2013 - 11:36 AM

Thanks for the links and info. I downloaded a copy to my Windows7, 64bit PC and everything seems absolutely fine.

BEVZED
BEVZED e2 Member 71139 forum postsBEVZED vcard United Kingdom
8 Jan 2013 - 11:43 AM

ah, further down the list of downloads is another Phsp exe thingy as well as the 4 bits at the top Grin

which bit did you get those from Chris?

chris.maddock
8 Jan 2013 - 1:39 PM

The two links I posted at 10:24?

I found those when I was googling to see if I could find what the difference between the two Acrobat versions was and one search came back with people having trouble on 64-bit machines. The first link was from the Google search result and the second from links within that.

BEVZED
BEVZED e2 Member 71139 forum postsBEVZED vcard United Kingdom
8 Jan 2013 - 2:58 PM

thanks Chris Smile Got it now, well pleased to have that back on my machine - it did work on Vista!

Jestertheclown

To completely clarify things, I've just downloaded and installed Photoshop CS2 using the link from the other thread that's running and it works just fine. In fact it's like stepping back in time.

Anyone looking for free or cheap editing software would be foolish, to say the least, not to take advantage of this offer.

Even if you don't use everything that it can do, you'll be impressed with what's available.

(Elements users who haven't got and have never used Photoshop and who often tell us how unnecessary its powers are, now's your chance to find out!)

I'm using Windows 8, albeit on a 32 bit machine.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314905 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jan 2013 - 7:49 PM

Quote: Anyone looking for free or cheap editing software would be foolish, to say the least, not to take advantage of this offer

I don`t believe it was intended as free software Smile

Update 2: Looks like Adobe didnít actually mean to release CS2 for free to the entire world, even though it didnít say anything, and still doesnít, on the download site about it. And there we thought Adobeís fail was a late Christmas present and all.

chris.maddock
8 Jan 2013 - 8:15 PM

Well, they haven't exactly gone out of their way to do anything about it - the first move I'd have made would have been a tossup between sticking a big banner on the page to clarify what it's for or taking the page down completely.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314905 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jan 2013 - 8:22 PM

True Smile

comma
comma  697 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jan 2013 - 10:17 PM

As a PS7 user I feel relatively happy tonight......Wink

icphoto
icphoto  131068 forum posts England
10 Jan 2013 - 5:11 PM

Can you update the ACR part of it to the current version?

comma
comma  697 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
10 Jan 2013 - 9:15 PM

my version of cs2 doesnt have ACR.... am I missing something?

chris.maddock
10 Jan 2013 - 9:46 PM

Isn't it part of Bridge?

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.