Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Free entry to National Trust properties this weekend

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Campervanman
Campervanman e2 Member 6715 forum postsCampervanman vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
18 Apr 2013 - 10:07 PM

Free entry to over 200 NT properties this weekend 20 - 21 April (voucher required).

Download a voucher: http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/get-involved/competitions-and-offers/offers/free-weekend/?campid=VM180413G

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
18 Apr 2013 - 10:07 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coventryphotog
Coventryphotog Junior Member 1149 forum posts United Kingdom
19 Apr 2013 - 12:07 AM

Thanks for that Smile

JJGEE
JJGEE  96307 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
19 Apr 2013 - 7:28 AM

Now that would be interesting IF it included all their money grabbing car parks ! !

Like at Birling Gap, Ditchling Beacon, Box Hill etc. etc. Sad

collywobles
19 Apr 2013 - 8:23 AM

Quote: Now that would be interesting IF it included all their money grabbing car parks ! !

I can never understand people who moan about paying to park their car! How on earth do you expect them to provide you with, normally a tarmac base marked out with white lines and sometime with security or maybe cameras. Do you think they do all this work for nothing, it must cost hundreds of thousands to provide a place to park visitors cars, sometimes with roadways leading to them, maintain the surface and fencing, where else can they get the funds to do the work. May I suggest an alternative, go park your car outside these venues maybe on double yellow lines or some god forsaken mud drenched field miles from the venue and see how you like that.

Last Modified By collywobles at 19 Apr 2013 - 8:29 AM
THIRDEYE
THIRDEYE  835 forum posts United Kingdom
19 Apr 2013 - 9:03 AM

WOW! You certainly got your point over with that one! Guess you've been waiting to let someone have it with both barrels for some time??

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023041 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
19 Apr 2013 - 9:11 AM

An NT car park with tarmac, security and cameras.

mmm....I might suggest it to them next time I'm paying a fiver to park on some scrubland.

PhilT2
PhilT2 e2 Member 498 forum postsPhilT2 vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
19 Apr 2013 - 9:12 AM

Buy a membership.............visit all properties and park for free. I have been a member for over 20 years and have never begrudged a penny of it. Great thing is now they allow photography inside most properties. GrinGrinGrin

collywobles
19 Apr 2013 - 9:42 AM

Quote: I might suggest it to them next time I'm paying a fiver to park on some scrubland.

Please explain why you should park for free whatever the state of the car park? You pay for parking at airports, some shopping centres, streets of London and many other cities, so what's the difference.

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023041 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
19 Apr 2013 - 10:09 AM

Because I believe that the cost of all services should be commensurate with the actual service they provide.

NikonNovice
19 Apr 2013 - 10:33 AM

Most NT car parks here in Norn Iron are pretty decent. We used the vouchers last year to go to Castle Ward and the staff could not have been better. We did not print them out beforehand but they allowed us to register and show it to them on a smartphone for entry. We had a great wee family day and hope to return tomorrow with camera to get a few shots between the showers. I dont mind paying to park if it helps with the upkeep for the NT but i do mind paying to park in my towncenter as i have already payed my cartax and rates and feel as a motorist i am overtaxed and under served regarding the state of the roads.

JN_CHATELAIN_PHOTOGRAPHY
19 Apr 2013 - 10:33 AM

Car parking at airports, some shopping centres, streets of London or any other cities is money for old ropes. Far too expensive for providing a piece of tarmac so you can park your car.

PhilT2
PhilT2 e2 Member 498 forum postsPhilT2 vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
19 Apr 2013 - 10:44 AM

Seems this thread is becoming a debate on car parks...............such a shame as Campervanman is pointing out a great opportunity for people to become acquainted with the National Trust and its great efforts in retaining the history of Britain.

The reason charges are made for car parking is that many properties allow you to park up for the day and often you can go for great walks and visit the gardens free of charge, or even just have a picnic in some lovely surroundings. Many of the car parks in well visited properties are being improved tremendously and I for one do not want to see unsightly vast areas of tarmac and CCTV cameras on pylons next to beautiful historic buildings

Last Modified By PhilT2 at 19 Apr 2013 - 10:45 AM
keithh
19 Apr 2013 - 10:47 AM

There are a large number of Lakeland car parks which are little more than clearings amongst the trees which the NT 'took on' some years ago - previously they were free.

Now that's OK until you visit 5 in day at a fiver a pop. Then you start to have a certain amount of loathing towards the NT that takes years to abate. Wink

NaturesHaven
NaturesHaven e2 Member 2253 forum postsNaturesHaven vcard England5 Constructive Critique Points
19 Apr 2013 - 10:50 AM

Why don't the constant moaners join the NT, their handbook is fantastic.........full of information including car parking and who owns the dam car parks........not all car parks are owned by the NT...some are owned by the local councils...........of course councils never rip off the motorist do they!!!!

You can please people can you...............moan moan moan about everything........ another idea for the moaners..................DON'T BLOODY GO TO THESE PLACES......leave them for the people who don't mind paying the charges..........they hardly break the bank...............you can stay at home and moan about how the world owes you a living..........

The constant bashers on these forums are helping to drive people away from EPZ..........thank you to campervanman for adding the link for the vouchers............I hope some of you download the vouchers and take the time to visit these places and have a jolly good time...................GrinGrinGrinGrin whilst contributing to saving some of our heritage.....GrinGrinGrin

PhilT2
19 Apr 2013 - 10:51 AM

Quote: Now that's OK until you visit 5 in day at a fiver a pop

Me thinks a year membership would be great value for money to you Wink

Last Modified By PhilT2 at 19 Apr 2013 - 10:52 AM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.