Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Free entry to National Trust properties this weekend

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
keithh
keithh e2 Member 1022909 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna31 Constructive Critique Points
19 Apr 2013 - 10:54 AM

What you have to realise is that the National Trust are not as much loved in all circles that people in their rosy spectacled lets all hug a rabbit world would like to think.
Wink
(thats a wink but god knows why)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
19 Apr 2013 - 10:54 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 73848 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
19 Apr 2013 - 10:55 AM

Quote: There are a large number of Lakeland car parks which are little more than clearings amongst the trees which the NT 'took on' some years ago - previously they were free.

Now that's OK until you visit 5 in day at a fiver a pop.

I'm sure they have an OAP discount rate for you Keith Wink

PhilT2
PhilT2 e2 Member 496 forum postsPhilT2 vcard England9 Constructive Critique Points
19 Apr 2013 - 10:58 AM

Quote: What you have to realise is that the National Trust are not as much loved in all circles that people in their rosy spectacled lets all hug a rabbit world would like to think.

OK leave it to us and don't visit or pay parking charges...............there must be "scrub land" somewhere you can park for nowt Sad

collywobles
19 Apr 2013 - 11:12 AM

Quote: you can stay at home and moan about how the world owes you a living..........

Well said! The suggestion has been made to join NT in which case car parking is free - but they would sooner mooooooooaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnn.

A decent car costs about 2-3K a year to run but they complain about a fiver........ Beats the sh1t outa me!

Last Modified By collywobles at 19 Apr 2013 - 11:14 AM
keithh
keithh e2 Member 1022909 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna31 Constructive Critique Points
19 Apr 2013 - 11:20 AM

Most things do but I have never stated that the world owes me a living, in fact the thread has never been anywhere near it.

However, don't expect a professional photographer to talk with reverance about the NT. Especially if you have ever dealt with the money grabbing free loading 'oh but we are a charidy' shysters.

Wink

PhilT2
PhilT2 e2 Member 496 forum postsPhilT2 vcard England9 Constructive Critique Points
19 Apr 2013 - 11:49 AM

Keith I would be interested in an example of why you are anti NT. It's none of my business of course, but as a long standing member and visitor of many of the NT properties and having spoken to hundreds of the staff (most volunteers) it is a viewpoint I am not getting.
I don't mind if you ignore this or tell me to keep my nose out.............but I am genuinely interested in your viewpoint

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014128 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
19 Apr 2013 - 12:02 PM

Quote: lets all hug a rabbit

Didn't you get arrested for that ?

keithh
19 Apr 2013 - 12:12 PM

It had gone beyond the hugging. Blush

Not going into the my mistrust of the NT photo library.

PhilT2
19 Apr 2013 - 12:22 PM

Keith.........just looked at your portfolio and I guess I am now seeing your viewpoint, not an area I would ever have problems as I am just a happy snapper. Certainly did not mean to pry.

KenTaylor
KenTaylor e2 Member 92980 forum postsKenTaylor vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
19 Apr 2013 - 12:51 PM

There are +/- points with NT.
The general visitor and conservation is ok.
On the commerce side they are not so eager to pay promptly for contract services where the best part of a year is expected unless they have changed their T&C

Coventryphotog
Coventryphotog Junior Member 1149 forum posts United Kingdom
19 Apr 2013 - 1:21 PM

Did any of you actually notice it is a free entry voucher - if you want to go go, if not, why the hell argue about carparks?

keithh
19 Apr 2013 - 1:27 PM

Because its a Forum.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014128 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
19 Apr 2013 - 1:59 PM

Quote: Did any of you actually notice it is a free entry voucher - if you want to go go, if not, why the hell argue about carparks?

Your new here arn't you.
This lot can argue about anything.

keithh
19 Apr 2013 - 2:07 PM

Rubbish

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
19 Apr 2013 - 2:11 PM

Quote: This lot can argue about anything.

I disagree. Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.