Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Free Gift!

pennyspike e2
11 2.1k 29 United Kingdom
4 Mar 2009 2:29PM
I, like I assume every other member, have just received an epz email regarding a free T Shirt from Vistaprint.
I get emails from Vistaprint just about every day offering free stuff including Tshirts, a very good offer, but as we all know it is just a sprat to catch a mackerel.
Vistaprint has been the subject of discussion quite a few times and I do wonder about this offer appearing to be exclusive but in reality it's open to all; just the same as the endless stream of spam that will follow if you take up the offerSmile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

csurry
12 9.2k 92
4 Mar 2009 2:32PM
And hence why I deleted it Wink

Maybe the team needs to read the forums more Smile
Getting shirt-T, eh? LOL!
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
4 Mar 2009 2:43PM
Oh, I thought only me get it... disappointed...Tongue
Bear up, Cole! Smile
csurry
12 9.2k 92
4 Mar 2009 2:47PM
Can anyone guess who would feature in the T-shirt for Cole?
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
4 Mar 2009 2:48PM
Red rat in the snow with nuts and hard on...Wink
tj e2
11 2.0k England
4 Mar 2009 2:48PM
We weren't aware of any of the 'bad press' and would certainly not knowingly do business with disreputable companies :-(
csurry
12 9.2k 92
4 Mar 2009 2:50PM
Seems to be an issue Tj that you sign up for one of these, forget to tick a box that says you are not interested in one feature and then get charged 9.99 per month.

Can't remember what it was called. There are a lot of happy customers that have signed up and filled in the form "correctly", but also a lot of unhappy ones.

Companies should not resort to this kind of "trick" to get continued custom in my opinion. If people want to sign up for such a rewards scheme, then they will do so if it is openly advertised, not hidden in small print.
tj e2
11 2.0k England
4 Mar 2009 2:52PM
Thanks Cheryl - Oh dear :-(
We really didn't know - hope it's not the case.
We're calling the client to confirm now...
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
4 Mar 2009 2:52PM

Quote:Companies should not resort to this kind of "trick" to get continued custom in my opinion.

Totally agree - and Vistaprint are notorious for this.
Badger e2
12 4.7k 20 United Kingdom
4 Mar 2009 2:54PM
Last I heard of that issue was way back in 2006. Never had any issues here when I've ordered through them.
Tricia e2
9 325 Ireland
4 Mar 2009 2:59PM
I think it's a case of (as with everything you do online) read everything carefully, be careful where you place your ticks, and remember to cancel where appropriate!
t_downes e2
6 277 United Kingdom
4 Mar 2009 3:02PM
Is the t-shirt free but you pay for the design then the delivery.
conrad e2
10 10.9k 116
4 Mar 2009 3:05PM
Never had any problems with them - as long as you're careful in what you tick or un-tick, you get exactly what you want. It is true that they are the most enthusiastic senders of e-mails I have ever come across, but when I don't open them, after a while the new ones automatically go to my spambox, so it really isn't a problem.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.