Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

FRIDAY CAPTION AND MOD CHALLENGE 5 FEB

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

SuziBlue
SuziBlue  1116195 forum posts Scotland10 Constructive Critique Points
5 Feb 2010 - 11:18 AM

OK you luvverly lot .. it's Friday and it's almost the weekend, and it's time to uncork the manipulation software or apply the wired-up caption hat to have fun with an image wot I 'ave uploaded to the Gallery

Friday Challenge

Challenge ends at midnight tonight so that even those lurching home from the pub can have a go.

8-]

Last Modified By SuziBlue at 5 Feb 2010 - 11:21 AM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
5 Feb 2010 - 11:18 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318433 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
5 Feb 2010 - 11:51 AM

I'm in Smile

JackAllTog
JackAllTog e2 Member 53536 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
5 Feb 2010 - 1:05 PM

Like this Friday Day and Night Challenge
idea - Friday Challenge
Great idea Suzi, esp cos its a friday pubday.
hence the inspiration = "After Escaping the pub lock in through a open ..........."

SuziBlue
5 Feb 2010 - 2:37 PM

Hehe .. Pete and Stuart - excellent 8-]

YorkshireSam
5 Feb 2010 - 4:31 PM

bump !

It's all a bit slow here so I thought I'd give it a jog.

I'm still waiting for the green light Suzi.

Last Modified By YorkshireSam at 5 Feb 2010 - 4:35 PM
SuziBlue
5 Feb 2010 - 4:34 PM

Thanks Sam! Roll up roll up and cast inhibition to the wind. There's a photo wot needs work!

SuziBlue
5 Feb 2010 - 11:45 PM

Twenty minutes left, laydeeezangennermen! Or perhaps everyone's Photoshopped out .. 8-]

SuziBlue
6 Feb 2010 - 12:04 AM

Ta DAAAAA .. ok I'm off to consider. Thanks for being such fun, everyone! Back in a tick.

SuziBlue
6 Feb 2010 - 12:16 AM

OK today's caption and mod comp was fast and furious and there were so many fabulous contenders I've had to have a leeeetle dwinkie.

So, as the range was vast, I shall firstly judge the caption comp.

In third place, winning an embroidered cambric handkerchief, is JAMES with his shudderingly funny : "At this point, Anthony was blissfully unaware of the fact that Geoff was about to administer a "surprise" colonic."

In second place, securing second prize, is Pete. He walks away with a set of ten skimmed milk bottle tops in a plastic bag for his witty witticism: "Watching Top Gear on iPlayer didn't quite have the same audience effect."

And in FIRST PLACE (drum roll please) is Richard whose comic vision has won him three half eaten cornish pasties and a cup of tea. It got me on the funny bone and I haven't stopped chuckling yet. In fact I may continue chuckling into the middle of next week. His offering was ""Crackin' Cheese Gromit!"

NEXT - stand by for the winners of the PHOTOMANIPULATION COMP ...

Ithangyowwwwww ...

SuziBlue
6 Feb 2010 - 12:51 AM

I was torn. I was. So many brilliant interpretations, and a couple of men in white coats standing by. (You can go now, lads. I've administered the medication ..)

So anyway, it being so difficult, I decided to rely on my own questionable humour to alert me to the funniest offering uploaded. You see, after much soul searching, then trying the wardrobe, and then the cupboard under the stairs, I had to admit it. I couldn't remember where I'd left my own patented Photo Manipulation Geiger Ray Warp Oscillator and Detection Instrument.

Brilliant though you were, there can only be three offerings which for me were the funniest, and that did not depend only on Photoshop skill although it played a part.

In THIRD PLACE with his bunch of dangerous thugs, is StuartFawcett. Seeing that they are quite the most unthuggish guys, the contrast made me hoot, and I was impressed that Stuart sacrificed his lunch hour to apply himself to the task in hand. Stuart wins the prize of half a policeman's uniform and a bus ticket signed by Wayne McTuggitt of 5, Acacia Avenue, Penge. Let's hear it for Stuart!

In SECOND PLACE is Big Rick with his bizarre collection of mad-eyed aliens. They looked reassuringly familiar and I then remembered that although Anthony does not wear a pink shower cap, we all know it's lilac and has little frills round the edge. Big Rick walks away with a crate of Vimto and a bag of chips. Well done Big Rick!

IN FIRST PLACE (drum roll please ...) I think I would never forgive myself if I did not award Tommy the Cat for his Expressway Pizza van populated by two nuns and a mad butcher. That made me cackle for quite some time. Well done Tommy the Cat! You walk away with a Get Out Of a Locked Thread Free card, a picture of a mute swan at sunset, three gerberas and a map of Minsk. Hooray!!! well done Tommy!!

The rest of you wrought amazing works of art and I am only sorry that I cannot award more prizes, but my hands are tied. The kidnappers assure me they will be back shortly.

Thank you all so much for joining in and making this all so much fun. It's been a riot of a day!

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318433 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
6 Feb 2010 - 8:08 AM

Suzi you have made a great choice, that would have been my winner too. I broke the laughometer on that shot...it's brilliant. Some other top notch entries too. Thanks for joining in all Smile

SuziBlue
6 Feb 2010 - 5:11 PM

Thanks Pete. In fact I was also hugely impressed by Tommy the Cat's moon shot - that is some skill and a half. It's worth a long look to find all the details.

RichardN00
RichardN00 e2 Member 8427 forum postsRichardN00 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
6 Feb 2010 - 5:34 PM

Quote: And in FIRST PLACE (drum roll please) is Richard whose comic vision has won him three half eaten cornish pasties and a cup of tea. It got me on the funny bone and I haven't stopped chuckling yet. In fact I may continue chuckling into the middle of next week. His offering was ""Crackin' Cheese Gromit!"

Thanks Suzi! The comic vision was definately enhanced by half a bottle of Ozzie red.

I've had the cup of tea, it was lovely, the pasties... I think I'll leave them util I feel hungrier... much, much hungrier.

I really enjoyed this, lets have more of them!

SuziBlue
6 Feb 2010 - 9:50 PM

Quote: I really enjoyed this, lets have more of them!

I agree! I don't know whether we should do a weekly one, like the MNC, or whether it should be an ad hoc thing. Maybe we should go back to the old Fun Friday thing and have that as one of the Friday Fun things, so that anyone else can host a Friday Fun thing too if they want to.

Or whatever Smile

Yes, the cornish pasties did look a little over-nibbled, but I figured they'd fill a gap if you're ever desperate.

Last Modified By SuziBlue at 6 Feb 2010 - 9:53 PM
Xiaoli
Xiaoli  5661 forum posts South Africa14 Constructive Critique Points
7 Feb 2010 - 6:26 AM

YEAH make it a regular feature ... perhaps do it the same as MNC - winner hosts next week.... sounds like a great idea to me.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.