Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Fuji Bridge Camera decision

drdroad 2 3 United States
3 Aug 2012 2:29PM
The Canon SX40 is an outstanding camera that goes to 840 zoom. I use it at full zoom often and am quite surprised how well it works. It does vignette some at long distance, but that's easily corrected in Photoshop. My biggest problem with it, and why I'm looking at Fuji, is no RAW in the Canon. My previous Canon bridge did have Raw and I bought the SX40 thinking I was upgrading. Whoops! BTW, there is a hacking software available called CHDK that you supposedly can load on your Canon and it will then process Raw (it does other things, like time lapse). I've tried it and not been able to get it to work, but I've talked to others who did.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

drdroad 2 3 United States
16 Aug 2012 9:35PM
If you don't care about RAW images, then the Canon sx40 is a great bridge camera. I use one now, but want a camera that does RAW.
lemontart 1 55 United Kingdom
29 Jan 2013 1:46PM
I have a hs30exr and slowly getting to grips with it, I did a lot of research on line and actually was lucky enough to speak to devotees of this giving the low down - very happy with it but steep learning curb from my samsung wb700 which I carry with me at all times
philstaff 6 51 United Kingdom
2 Feb 2013 4:15PM
Im also considering the Hs 30 mainly to fill the gap from my 70/300 lens as I found some photos are outside the range of the lens. Im thinking mainly air shows but my worry is if the cameras auto focus may not be fast enough to track the plane and give a good image. Can any one advise please.

Regards Ian
subbu 1 1 United Arab Emirates
21 Mar 2013 5:29AM
Am a new member here. Own a SONY A580 with a couple of lenses. Also Fujifilm XS-1 since Feb 2012. I could vouch for the IQ of XS-1. Not a camera for all occassions though. Cannot cope with BIFs though moving cars seem to come out ok. RAW or JPEG processing on LR4 is not so versatile as my SONY A580. I don't get the same amount of control with Fuji RAWs as SONY. so light that I like to carry it every where.

a few images from me are here if it helps

Image 1 Image 2 Image 3 Image 4 Image 5

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.