Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Fuji S2 pro battery drain

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    timbo
    timbo  12591 forum posts United Kingdom
    16 Jun 2008 - 10:45 AM

My S2, about 5 years old doesn't seem to hold any charge in the aa batteries. Whether regular AA or rechargables it seems as soon as i put them in they're dead. Has anyone else had this problem?
    I do use a quantum to power it when working over long periods and wonder if this is what's caused the problem. Before you ask it is the correct quantum and lead.

It's only my backup camera now but not much use if it's got no power.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    16 Jun 2008 - 10:45 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Nick_Hilton
    16 Jun 2008 - 1:04 PM

I had the same problem - I cleaned the contacts in the plastic holder and bought brand new batteries and that seemed to cure the problem.

filmforever
    20 Jun 2008 - 4:00 PM

It could be your re-chargable batteries are the problem, they only last for a certain period, and after 5 years of use, they could be exhausted. Normal AA's are useless, they don't have the capacity for digital camera use. Incidentally, are you sure it's not the CR123's that power the display only that are the problem? My experience with S2 was that they tended to discharge if not used for a period of time. I replaced with the S3 and have not had battery problems so far. Also suggest using re-chargables of 2000mAh or higher for longer life.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.