Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Fuji X-E1

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    iancrowson
    iancrowson e2 Member 4211 forum postsiancrowson vcard United Kingdom129 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Dec 2012 - 3:15 PM

I got a X-E1 a couple of weeks ago and it's great. I got the 18 -55 mm f2.8 to f4 with it. Really why I'm writing is because I'm so pleased with it. Not only are the results really good and can only get better as I get used to it. It just so good to use, the controls are simple and easy to find when you have it to your eye. It's the best camera for ease of control that I've used since buying my OM1 new a long time ago. Small too, I can get it in a big coat pocket.
    All the controls fall to hand and the settings can be seen in the EVF without the need for specs. Aperture, speed and ISO easy to change and easy to see without glasses. Plus a short preview of what you snapped in the viewfinder. The image stabilisation seems very good. I had a Cannon G1X which took good photos but I just could not see what I was setting. The cannon burnt high lights just a bit too much.
    Anybody got one or a view?
    Ian

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    1 Dec 2012 - 3:15 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Ewanneil
    Ewanneil  41118 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Dec 2012 - 5:16 PM

I also got one a couple of weeks ago. I went for the 18mm f/2 lens.

Like you I am absolutely blown away by how good it is and I agree with everything you said. It really is a joy to use and feels very well made. If I knew then what I know now I wouldn't have bought the extra grip. It has to be removed every time you need to access the battery/memory card compartment which is a pain. That apart I am completely delighted. So delighted in fact my Nikon D300S will probably be finding its way into the classifieds in the near future.

mikeyham
    mikeyham  8 Scotland
    1 Dec 2012 - 5:23 PM

I own it's big brother coupled with the 35mm. I previously had a Canon 50D with 24-105 L glass. Do I like the Fuji ? Hell yes. Do I miss the Canon ? Hell no. Would I ever go back to dslr....? Ian you can answer that for me. Oh and bye the way the G10 I have is slowly getting covered in cobwebs It's that bad compared to the Fuji. Have fun. Mick

kodachrome
    2 Dec 2012 - 9:14 AM

If the price had been a sensible reduction [sub 1000] in comparison to the X-Pro 1, I would have been interested. There is not enough price difference, which I think was poor marketing strategy by Fuji.
    I will wait to see if the price drops later next year.

Ewanneil
    2 Dec 2012 - 9:33 AM

Quote: If the price had been a sensible reduction [sub 1000] in comparison to the X-Pro 1, I would have been interested. There is not enough price difference, which I think was poor marketing strategy by Fuji.
    I will wait to see if the price drops later next year.

But the current RRP is 749.00 and many places are already discounting it.

I thought about the X-Pro-1 but decided against it because of the fact that I could get the X-E1 for such a lot less (and it has dioptre adjustment; a built-in flash and a better EVF).

kodachrome
    2 Dec 2012 - 10:13 AM

I thought with the 18-55 zoom, it was around 1100+, may be wrong, I must surf the net more often for prices.

Ewanneil
    2 Dec 2012 - 10:23 AM

Quote: I thought with the 18-55 zoom, it was around 1100+, may be wrong, I must surf the net more often for prices.

You're correct it is. My price was for the body only but the RRP for an X-Pro-1 body is 1429 (although readily available for around 1150). It's still much more expensive.

You get the same lenses, sensor and processor as the X-Pro-1 (plus the things I mentioned above) and it's a lot cheaper. I felt it was a really good deal.

Last Modified By Ewanneil at 2 Dec 2012 - 10:24 AM
    Madhatter58
    12 Jul 2013 - 8:05 PM

Just a quick question for you folks. Also own the XE1 but the lens when coupled with the camera body seems loose. Is yours like this or is it a long letter to Fuji?

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.