Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Fuji X Pro 1

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    GeorgeBuchan
    17 Feb 2013 - 10:52 PM

Im considering selling my Nikon D300 + lenses to put towards buying a Fuji X Pro 1 and some primes. I shoot portraits and landscape mostly, has any one done a similar thing? Would anyone recommend it?

Cheers

Last Modified By GeorgeBuchan at 17 Feb 2013 - 10:55 PM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    17 Feb 2013 - 10:52 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

goexplorephotography

Im considering the same as a second camera. Although i think it would eventually become my first choice camera to use. Amazing images quality and the colour produced is brilliant. Its obviously going to be perfect for portraits, however i also think it would be exellent for landscapes too.
    I think it would give your landscapes a new dimension

Ewanneil
    Ewanneil  41118 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Feb 2013 - 8:34 AM

I did something very similar to what you are considering. I bought myself a Fuji XE-1 (same sensor and lenses as the X Pro-1) as a retirement present. The plan was for it to replace my Nikon D300S. I wanted a high quality camera but one that was much more easily carried everywhere with me.

I am completely delighted by the XE-1. The IQ is wonderful and although it is much larger than your average compact you can still take it everywhere. The X Pro-1 is a little bit bigger still but will be smaller to lug around than a D300 + gubbins.

I mainly shoot landscapes and so went for the 18mm which is excellent. The 14mm hadn't been released when I bought mine otherwise I would probably have bought it.

I think you will be delighted by the performance of both camera and lenses. Using them is a joy. The only fly in the ointment - I haven't been able to sell my D300S. I want what I think is a fair price but still I have had no takers.

Overall, I wouldn't hesitate to do the same thing again.

Good luck in your deliberations.

Ewan

iancrowson
    iancrowson e2 Member 4211 forum postsiancrowson vcard United Kingdom128 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Feb 2013 - 12:43 PM

I too have the XE-1 with the same sensor and processors as the X Pro. , but not an optical view finder. I love it, i took it to Cuba for street photography and got some pretty good results using it with the 18-55 f2.8 to f4 lens. The IS on this lens works very well, hand held 1/15th sec at 50mm. Lots of pixels and very sharp too. I can crop by half and still get a decent A4 print.
    It's light, discreet and very easy to control. I got it as a spectacle wearer as the view finder is optically adjustable and settings clearly shown. I can use it without needing my specs. I don't think the X Pro's view finders can be corrected for eye sight. One thing I never thought about until I got going is just how much I like seeing the photo I've just taken in the view finder.
    Ian

Last Modified By iancrowson at 18 Feb 2013 - 12:47 PM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.