Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Fuji x10, x20 built in flash

Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
27 May 2013 6:15PM
Have you tried windows updates.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
27 May 2013 7:01PM
Yep - I did that a couple of days ago - which made absolutely no difference whatsoever Sad
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
27 May 2013 7:03PM
What about updates for the video camera software.
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
27 May 2013 7:05PM
The camera itself is working fine - my sister is getting the pictures up with no problem - but, as it happens, not on IE either.

I'll install firefox shortly and see what that does!
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
27 May 2013 7:10PM
Have you tried this.

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/ie_performance_and_safety/
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
27 May 2013 7:33PM
Just run it - IE is still totally unresponsive - and firefox is also whinging about Active X which I've reinstalled numerous times to no avail Smile This is such fun!
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
27 May 2013 7:52PM
Right - I switched IE off, restarted in safe mode, switched IE back on again and the webcam works. Now to restart in normal and see what happens Smile
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
28 May 2013 4:39AM
Did that link do the trick.
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
28 May 2013 8:26AM

Quote:Did that link do the trick.

nope - it made no difference whatsoever. As I know the webcam & IE work in safe mode then I guess I'll have to figure out what's running in normal that's knackering it up. This might be spread out over a few evenings Smile
GazzaG2003 11 252 England
28 May 2013 1:09PM

Quote:Did that link do the trick.

nope - it made no difference whatsoever. As I know the webcam & IE work in safe mode then I guess I'll have to figure out what's running in normal that's knackering it up. This might be spread out over a few evenings Smile

have you tried the "reset internet explorer" in the advanced tab in internet options and also disabled any add-ons through the "manage add-ons" on the tools tab.

internet-options.jpg

cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
28 May 2013 2:12PM
I've lost track of what I have tried but if I can get the toolbar to work I'll give it a go - at the moment nothing responds to any clicking Smile

I was going to yank the hard drive out of my pc this weekend to copy a load of files before reformatting but it can wait until another day - good job I've got the laptop!

I now remember that last night, in the wee small hours, I suddenly wondered if one of the Avast updates had caused the problem - I was going to investigate that this evening!
GazzaG2003 11 252 England
28 May 2013 3:37PM

Quote:I've lost track of what I have tried but if I can get the toolbar to work I'll give it a go - at the moment nothing responds to any clicking Smile!

you can get to the "internet options" tabs through the toolbar (not working for you) or via the control panel maybe that will allow you to click.
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
28 May 2013 6:21PM

Quote:I've lost track of what I have tried but if I can get the toolbar to work I'll give it a go - at the moment nothing responds to any clicking Smile!

you can get to the "internet options" tabs through the toolbar (not working for you) or via the control panel maybe that will allow you to click.

Bingo - it's back and the pony is standing in the stable doing not a lot Smile

Who knows where the problem lay but as I only use IE for the webcam I shall leave it be - many thanks to both of you for your suggestions and help - I shall now get on with something more important like making a cup of tea Smile (my next job - dismantling the pc - can wait until the weekend methinks)
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
28 May 2013 6:31PM
Why are going to take the PC apart, adding more memory.
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
28 May 2013 6:46PM
It's dead as a dodo again (the only pc I bought brand new rather than hand-me-downs and has been totally unreliable) - I want to get some stuff off the hard drive before I probably reformat it again. I'm not sure what's on there so shall hook it up to the laptop and take a look first!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.