Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 1

Fuji X10

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314968 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
2 Nov 2011 - 7:40 PM

This is the first time in years that a compact really interest me, I have one reserved and will be collecting it in the morning.

But why has EPZ not review one as yet, its a stonking good little camera and raising a lot of interest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B01-EXzuGfE&feature=related

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 2 Nov 2011 - 7:50 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
2 Nov 2011 - 7:40 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
2 Nov 2011 - 8:44 PM

Nicccccccccccccccce!!

NikLG
NikLG  91736 forum posts England
2 Nov 2011 - 9:40 PM

I can vouch for that, as Paul knows, having had mine since the weekend.
Not only a really good compact canera but quite stylish too, especially in its leather case.
I have some minor quibbles though I will probably get used to them.
The OVF is totally plain, no overkays or focus points or anything. it has about 80% coverage so you end up composing images towards the centre of the final pic. Its also quite hard to look through if its too close to your eye, ir it might just be me Smile
The jog wheel is quite sensitive too so you can accidentaly click onto a different image when you are pixel peeping.
Other than those minor issues I think its great and intend to carry it about as often as possible and take more pictures. I keep it in a small crumpler bag with my Wavom Inkling ( another neat bit of gear ) and a sketch pad.....the plan being to force myself to be more creative and do more art / photography. Seems to be working so far Smile

Last Modified By NikLG at 2 Nov 2011 - 9:50 PM
Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314968 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
2 Nov 2011 - 9:46 PM

I also have a case put to one side Nick, would be silly not to have one Smile

The 80 % coverage looks about right and no complaints there, I`ve used plenty of rangefinders.

joshwa
joshwa ePHOTOzine Staff 3598 forum postsjoshwa vcard United Kingdom
3 Nov 2011 - 9:26 AM

We should be getting one shortly. Smile

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54233 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
3 Nov 2011 - 9:50 AM

Well now I have a problem. I've been looking for the perfect lens for my 400D to use for street photography, but looking at the spec I might have to change my mind and just get a whole new camera instead.

Paul Morgan
3 Nov 2011 - 3:31 PM

Just got home from LCE in Reading, battery`s now in charge, and I got a good deal trading a few bits and bobs I longer use Smile

The leather camera case is a must, and looks really good.

Quote: I might have to change my mind and just get a whole new camera instead

The main reason for me getting it, there are times when M4/3 is going to be too big Smile

Not sure how often I`m going to need 7 frames per second at full resolution.

Here its firing at 10 fps Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyC930IyaDI&feature=player_embedded

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 3 Nov 2011 - 3:34 PM
Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139392 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
3 Nov 2011 - 3:44 PM

Hope it lives up to its price tag.... nearly 500 isn't cheap for a compact! Let us know how you get on with it Paul. Smile

Paul Morgan
3 Nov 2011 - 3:48 PM

They were selling the Nikon P7100 at the same price, so it not the dearest.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54233 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
3 Nov 2011 - 4:19 PM

I love the retro look. It's got an optical viewfinder, pop up flash, does RAW, is lightweight, a nice zoom, AND it makes a really nice noise at 10fps. Wink
That's the clincher Paul.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139392 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
3 Nov 2011 - 4:21 PM

Quote: They were selling the Nikon P7100 at the same price, so it not the dearest.

The P7100 is 110 cheaper than the X10 on Amazon!

Paul Morgan
3 Nov 2011 - 4:42 PM

Amazon, prices vary CB and that Nikons made of plastic Smile Smile

Seriously I have`nt seen a build like this since the film days, well worth the extra few quid.

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 3 Nov 2011 - 4:52 PM
StrayCat
StrayCat  1014493 forum posts Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
3 Nov 2011 - 8:15 PM

Hmmm, my wife might need a new camera soon.Wink

Paul Morgan
3 Nov 2011 - 11:27 PM

Quote: Hmmm, my wife might need a new camera soon

The more I`ve played the more I`ve liked it, but the menu system is going to take me a while to get the hang of Smile

I`ve found a fair few neat features including some I`ll probably never use.

The view finder shows no information at all, but even with the leather cover attached and no Screen to view on the back it has still performs well with a pre defined centre focus spot selected.

Its going to be very useful on the street.

SlowSong
4 Nov 2011 - 12:29 PM

Quote: The view finder shows no information at all and no Screen to view

Does that mean you choose your settings but there's no LCD or anything to show what you've done, like in the old days?

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.