Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 1

Fuji X10

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

NikLG
NikLG  91736 forum posts England
4 Nov 2011 - 2:26 PM

There is an LCD, but if you can turn it off if you really want too. I think it may come on when you make setting adjustments though...

..indeed it does, just checked Tongue

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
4 Nov 2011 - 2:26 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64345 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
5 Nov 2011 - 11:14 AM

My finger's itching over that "Buy" button. I'm trying to last out until the release date and all the tests come in. Tricky one. Wink
Got a few old bits of equipment I can sell, and I can see this easily winning over trying to buy the "perfect" street lens for a DSLR.

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96030 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
5 Nov 2011 - 12:34 PM

mmmmm - I've got a bit of dosh due once the cheque from a stupid little under-performing endowment policy comes in - there'll be enough to cover the Fuji and some new windows.........

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315156 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
5 Nov 2011 - 2:50 PM

Worked a long shift yesterday but now have three days off, and I`m out to play Smile

I`m finding the auto focus very quick and no shutter lag between pictures, its looking very good.

Stumbled upon this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSGIe53Esdg&feature=related

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64345 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
5 Nov 2011 - 6:33 PM

Did you see LeftForum's post - copied below.

Quote: I have now the hands-on review of the X10 in today's AP. It seems a real curate's egg with some superb points and some surprising downsides. I think the overall impression will depend very much upon what the individual user considers to be important. The feature that surprised me most was that, at the highest ISO, the resolution drops to 3Mp and at the intermediate ISO settings, to 6Mp. That, of course, is only going to concern those users who need both high resolution and high ISO.

It'd be interesting to get your take on this.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315156 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
5 Nov 2011 - 6:42 PM

I`ve not read the review, but this is how it works, you can either let the camera decide or you can take control yourself.

My guess is that they were letting the camera take control.

Individual pixels in an EXR-CMOS chip are arranged in a different pattern to those in conventional digital cameras. This lets the FinePix X10 switch between sensor modes according to conditions:

* In good conditions all 12 million pixels are used to capture every drop of detail in a scene
* In low light, sensitivity is boosted by combining pairs of neighbouring pixels to form six-million larger photosites
* In high-contrast conditions the X10 widens dynamic range by using half of the pixels to capture highlight detail and the other half to capture shadow detail

Which sensor mode you work in is up to you. Or you can let the FinePix X10 decide for you with its intelligent EXR Auto scene recognition technology.

More about it here.

http://www.fujifilm.eu/uk/products/digital-cameras/pro-enthusiast/model/fujifilm...

Taken tonight to see how well the lens handles flare and at ISO 1600

dscf0054-edit.jpg

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 5 Nov 2011 - 6:47 PM
SlowSong
6 Nov 2011 - 9:23 AM

Thanks Paul. I already have a cheap EXR Fujifilm compact so I'm familiar with the technology. I just wondered how you'd find the images at the lower pixel count when enlarged to A4, or even A3, that is if you ever print.

Paul Morgan
6 Nov 2011 - 2:01 PM

I have no idea Chris, I haven`t got that far yet, one thing I have found is that there are firmware updates already available so I was very surprised to find that mine already had the latest update.

Full marks to Fuji adding the latest firmware before the first of these camera`s hit the stores.

Digital Rev claim the images produced are good up to 6400 ISO in this hands on review.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdI_bjQrhX8&feature=channel_video_title

Steve Huff has just started one, its not finished but he`s already added a few pictures.

http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2011/11/04/1st-look-at-the-fuji-x10-video-1st-snap...

Paul Morgan
6 Nov 2011 - 11:24 PM

Just uploaded a test pic from today, lol got the wife to take it, but I really hate being in front of a camera Smile

http://www.ephotozine.com/photo/---20688894

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
7 Nov 2011 - 12:17 AM

Nice pic! Smile

Paul Morgan
7 Nov 2011 - 12:23 AM

Its nothing special just a couple of flash units and set quite a large focus area on the camera to help her out, she`s not really into taking pictures but it will do Smile

Paul Morgan
7 Nov 2011 - 8:59 PM

There`s a new review posted here

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/fuji_x10_first_impressions.shtml

And a sample Video here

http://vimeo.com/31530150

MikeBonsall
7 Nov 2011 - 9:48 PM

This camera has really sparked my interest. I've been using a Canon G9 for a few years as my point and shoot camera and have said that I won't consider an upgrade till I find a compact camera that will offer the following:

1. A workable viewfinder (the one on the G9 is worse than useless and whilst I kind of got used to using the LCD screen I'll always prefer composing images through a view finder)
2. Good image quality in low light at high ISO
3. Quick start up time, no noticeable shutter time lag or write time/buffer issues

I was tempted by the X100 (the viewfinder is gorgeous) but for the price there were just too many shortcomings. The X10 really does seem to tick most of the boxes. The lack of any info in the viewfinder is the main minus point that I can see so far. By the way Paul, does the camera have image stabilisation?

Mike

Paul Morgan
7 Nov 2011 - 10:07 PM

Quote: By the way Paul, does the camera have image stabilisation?

Yes in the lens, three modes.

Paul Morgan
8 Nov 2011 - 8:32 PM

Here a pic taken recently, I`ve tried uploading a raw sample but there`s a few problems.

For now I`ll just use a Skydrive folder, adding a few new ones now and again.

dscf0108111107small.jpg

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.