Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 1

Fuji X10

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64376 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
9 Nov 2011 - 1:34 PM

Cheapest I've seen so far.
http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?hl=en&q=fujifilm+x10&gbv=2&...

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
9 Nov 2011 - 1:34 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64376 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
9 Nov 2011 - 5:05 PM

Very interesting article.
http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2011/11/08/the-fuji-x10-digital-camera-review-a-lo...

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315211 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
9 Nov 2011 - 6:10 PM

Yes Chris, that had been on the way for a few days.

SlowSong
9 Nov 2011 - 6:17 PM

Oh right. Sorry.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315211 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
9 Nov 2011 - 6:24 PM

No thats alright, I`d been waiting for it Smile

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96032 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
10 Nov 2011 - 10:27 PM

Darn - the cash has arrived in my bank account - now I have to make a decision.......

Paul Morgan
10 Nov 2011 - 11:47 PM

Amazon are now offering it at this price Smile

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fujifilm-X10-Digital-Camera-Optical/dp/B005JRGWNS/ref=sr...

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96032 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
11 Nov 2011 - 8:12 AM

Looks ok to me Smile Now if they've any left by the time I get home tonight I can do something about it Smile

SlowSong
11 Nov 2011 - 10:21 PM

Well, I finally got to hold one. Not sure now. And I'm a bit iffy about the dof. It seems that if you want narrow dof it might be a problem. I've also got cameras with a slightly longer zoom too. I'm having another think, although I do think it's a nice piece of kit. It's very small and pocketable, but I just don't know if it's what I want.

I already have a G11 which, although not perfect, really does mostly what I want albeit it's a bit slow on the capture side, and the extra expenditure on yet another small camera isn't really cost effective for my needs. The G11 also has the swingy out screen which is very useful.

Paul Morgan
12 Nov 2011 - 12:16 AM

Quote: Now if they've any left by the time I get home tonight I can do something about it

Hmmm, not at yesturdays price they have shot back up Sad

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fujifilm-X10-Digital-Camera-Optical/dp/B005JRGWNS/ref=sr...

Quote: And I'm a bit iffy about the dof

Should be better than G11, but obviously its not going to be as good as a dslr.

cattyal
12 Nov 2011 - 9:10 AM

I thought it had gone back up again but was still better than Jessops price (and they'd probably not have any in stock).

I placed the order last night - payment wouldn't go through. Have just got off the phone to the credit card fraud team and they'd blocked payment as I don't usually put that large amount of money on the credit card Smile I'd have sooner used the debit card since the cash is in my account but credit cards are safer......

Next I'll get a message saying that they have none in stock anyway!

SlowSong
12 Nov 2011 - 10:24 AM

Re DOF -
Quote: Should be better than G11, but obviously its not going to be as good as a dslr.

This was the bit in the write-up that made me think -

"As for shallow depth of field junkies, this is NOT your camera. With the super wide lens that is in reality a 7-28mm your depth of field will be huge, even at f/2. If you zoom out to 112mm and keep it at f/2.8 you can get some shallowness but nothing like you will get with a larger sensor camera and longer lens."

I did like the barrel turn on/off and zoom though. Very neat indeed. The jury's still out.

NikLG
NikLG  91736 forum posts England
12 Nov 2011 - 11:55 AM

I just did a quick test indoors with mine.
Full zoom wide open you get some pretty decent dof.
even at f11 theres some there.
Not in a position to upload the images.

SlowSong
12 Nov 2011 - 12:10 PM

Do you mean you get large DOF? I want narrow dof.

Paul Morgan
12 Nov 2011 - 2:27 PM

Quote: Do you mean you get large DOF? I want narrow dof

Your not going to get much in the way of a shallow depth of field with any camera with a sensor this size or smaller, a lot will depend on how close to the subject you are and the length of the lens.

Just noticed the latest price on Amazon, now 599 Smile

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 12 Nov 2011 - 2:28 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.