Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 1

Fuji X10

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 95962 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
12 Nov 2011 - 2:34 PM

Quote: Just noticed the latest price on Amazon, now 599 Smile

Good grief - I hope they honour the price I bought it for yesterday - assuming they get the credit card sorted. Turns out Tesco Credit Card had blocked the payment and rang me this morning to check it was ok. I assured them it was and hopefully it will go through ok. If not then it's down to LCE for me - they're at 529 as of a couple of hours ago when I went in to have a play.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
12 Nov 2011 - 2:34 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314821 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
12 Nov 2011 - 2:40 PM

Have you had an order confirmation from Amazon Alison.

After spending almost a year out of work up to August, there`s no way I could have afforded these prices.

I got mine from LCE with ER case for 60, but I had to part exchange a fair bit of stuff I no longer used.

Looks Like LCE have also put there prices up, a week ago it was 499.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54173 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
12 Nov 2011 - 2:48 PM

http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?hl=en&q=fujifilm+x10&gbv=2&...

NikLG
NikLG  81736 forum posts England
12 Nov 2011 - 2:48 PM

I mean shallow dof, as in things behind and in front are oof.
As paul says you wont get anything like you get with 1.8 on a dslr but then you wouldnt due to the sensor size. but i reckon you get a lot more than your standard compact.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314821 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
12 Nov 2011 - 3:03 PM

Haha look what I dug out, looks like part of a sex aid Smile Smile

thought I got rid of this years ago.

p1000661.jpg

Spare batteries, just picked up an Energizer from Amazon for 4.99

And this is a must have, no X10 will be complete without just a little fancy bling Smile

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fotodiox-Shutter-Release-Button-Cameras/dp/B002KEHKMU/re...

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 95962 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
12 Nov 2011 - 3:09 PM

Yep - I had the confirmation yesterday so all should be ok. I'm treating myself as I've a modest sum from the rubbish tiny endowment policy so I figured one goodie for me and the rest can go into my emergency fund - boring household emergency fund, not the 'I must have a new toy' emergency fund Smile

I've lots of bits knocking about that should come in useful again - hopefully. I too have an air release knocking about as well as a couple of regular short cable releases. Also an old case that should do for now.

I think I'll skip the bling Smile

Paul Morgan
12 Nov 2011 - 6:32 PM

Was it a good price Alison

cattyal
12 Nov 2011 - 7:08 PM

499 Paul - which ok, is not much less than the one in LCE but still the difference pays for another battery and card!

NikLG
NikLG  81736 forum posts England
12 Nov 2011 - 10:17 PM

What battery did you get Paul ? i feel like i need i need to get one...

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54173 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
12 Nov 2011 - 10:24 PM

Well I'll be keeping an eye on you lot and the X10 with interest, but I finally decided to go with my first instinct. I've been trying to figure out what I want and having gone through various options, the Canon 1.4, 18-85 zoom et al, the X10, I've bitten the bullet and ordered the 1.4 prime. I feel I need to get back to basics and am looking forward to using just this prime lens to see if I can get more creative within its boundaries.

I'm still a bit of an equipment junkie though, so never say never. Smile

PS: You can stick your extra curricular gadget Paul Grin

Last Modified By SlowSong at 12 Nov 2011 - 10:25 PM
Paul Morgan
13 Nov 2011 - 12:27 AM

One of these energizers, now out of stock with Amazon, a little dearer here, but free postage.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Energizer-FLNP50-Digital-Equivalent-KLIC-7004/dp/B0029F1...

cattyal
14 Nov 2011 - 10:41 AM

My order has been shipped....... Smile

Paul Morgan
14 Nov 2011 - 2:54 PM

That`s good Alison.

I read somewhere that Amazon are not going to get any more until sometime in December, these are selling fast, probably better than Fuji anticipated.

cattyal
14 Nov 2011 - 2:59 PM

Looks like I got in just in time! I'll order an extra battery and a couple of cards tonight. I reckon for now the case from my old Olympus Trip will do until I sort something a bit better looking.....

Paul Morgan
14 Nov 2011 - 3:11 PM

Alison just make sure the battery you order has the highest rating you can find, the original is rated at 1000 mAh, some of these compatibles are rated as low as 700 mAh.

Cases, as nice as it is the original ER is expensive but there`s no shortage of other bags/cases and you could save a fair bit.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.