Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 1

Fuji X10

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96057 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
14 Nov 2011 - 3:16 PM

Will do - thanks for letting me know Paul!

I plan to keep an eye out in the charity shops as and when I get the camera. There's all sorts of old stuff pops up and I might find the perfect case. For now as long as the camera is safe in my bag or pocket then any old thing will do!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
14 Nov 2011 - 3:16 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315396 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
14 Nov 2011 - 3:28 PM

Or just call into you local LCE with the camera and try a few soft cases out for a neat fit.

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96057 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
14 Nov 2011 - 3:32 PM

Or I could go really crazy and make my own - I'm quite capable of doing that kind of thing - could be a fun project (as if I need another project).....

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315396 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
14 Nov 2011 - 3:46 PM

Hehe yep Smile

I`ve been looking around for a decent rist strap to use in place of the neck strap and stumbled upon this Smile

http://vimeo.com/25216731

Still looking around for a soft release as well, lol these are cute Smile

http://www.robertwhite.co.uk/product.asp?P_ID=2423

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 14 Nov 2011 - 3:52 PM
Jestertheclown
14 Nov 2011 - 8:46 PM

I don't use a wriststrap on my DSLR but I've got wriststrap intended for the controller of a Nintendo WII atached to my Fuji S5700.
It doesn't offer any support but it prevents me from dropping the camera, it weighs nothing, it's virtually unbreakable and although I was given this one, I think that they're pretty cheap.

Jester.

Paul Morgan
15 Nov 2011 - 12:26 AM

[quoe]I don't use a wriststrap on my DSLR
[/quote]

A little pointless Smile

But there so much more practical on smaller camera`s.

cattyal
15 Nov 2011 - 9:44 AM

Actually I only use a hand-strap on both the DSLR and R1 - never a neck strap. I'll be having a rummage through my box of goodies to see what I can find for the X10 when it arrives - I've old Fuji neck-straps that can be converted or might make something eventually.

Didn't get round to sorting batteries last night- must do that this evening.....

cattyal
15 Nov 2011 - 10:27 AM

It's arrived - now to download a manual so I can read it on the sly when I'm supposed to be working......

joshwa
joshwa ePHOTOzine Staff 4602 forum postsjoshwa vcard United Kingdom
15 Nov 2011 - 10:54 AM

Have you switched on the Quick Start up option in the setup menu? - makes it ready to take a photo in 0.9 seconds instead of 2.6 seconds Smile

NikLG
NikLG  91736 forum posts England
15 Nov 2011 - 11:07 AM

...according to the manual the Quick Start option drains the battery faster. I haven't tried it yet, but will do once I have my spare battery Tongue

I might give it a test today though, just to see....

Paul Morgan
15 Nov 2011 - 1:35 PM

Something I have`nt played with as yet, the spare battery I got last week is still sealed in its packaging.

For such a really small battery it actually performs and last pretty well.

I really like the on/off button on the lens, read one or two strange complaints about this saying it makes it easy to switch the camera off by mistake, lol its actually pretty difficult to do this unless your wearing thick gloves or you have no nerve endings in the ends of your fingers Smile

Another plus for me is the Raw button on the back of the camera, handy if your out shooting Jpegs then decide that you really feel your could do with a shot being in Raw due to some certain tricky condition, we don`t all want to shoot in Raw or Raw/Jpeg all the time.

The Programmable Fn button on the top can only control a small number of functions, a minor niggle that I guess a firmware update could improve.

Manual focus seems a bit iffy but I have`nt played with it a lot, guess this too could be improved with firmware, another very minor niggle.

JackAllTog
JackAllTog e2 Member 53629 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
15 Nov 2011 - 2:35 PM

Quote: It's arrived - now to download a manual so I can read it on the sly when I'm supposed to be working......

Yeah Smile i'm looking forward to a hard review Smile

cattyal
15 Nov 2011 - 2:42 PM

Sadly I didn't have a card handy so couldn't play with it at lunchtime. No matter, I do have one at home somewhere and will order a few more this evening. Hopefully I'll get to try it out properly Wednesday lunchtime - weather and mood permitting Smile

JJGEE
JJGEE  96310 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
15 Nov 2011 - 3:15 PM

Quote: now to download a manual

Do cameras not come with a printed manual these days ? Sad

cattyal
15 Nov 2011 - 3:19 PM

Yep got a printed manual as well - I like to have both - especially at work where I don't keep any reading glasses Smile

Last Modified By cattyal at 15 Nov 2011 - 3:20 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.