Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Fuji X10 group

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214397 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
24 Nov 2011 - 5:14 PM

Just to let you all know I have started a new group for Fuji X10 users Smile Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
24 Nov 2011 - 5:14 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
24 Nov 2011 - 6:49 PM

I think I'll start a Canon fanboy group.

User_Removed
24 Nov 2011 - 8:24 PM

Off you go then Chris... Smile

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214397 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
25 Nov 2011 - 6:27 PM

Quote: I think I'll start a Canon fanboy group

Just go to the main forum Chris there`s already plenty to choose between Smile

JJGEE
JJGEE  96104 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
28 Nov 2011 - 9:15 AM

There appears to be quite a bit of discussion about the X10 so I just popped over to the Fuji website to take a look !

Well, what a surprise, for their jpg options they include film simulation for Astia,Provia & Velvia.

Velvia 50 in 120 format is my main film from 1990 so I wonder how good the digital simulation is.

Has anybody used both transparency film & the digital simulation to offer a comparison ?

Can one technically do a comparison ?

Paul Morgan
14 Dec 2011 - 2:54 PM

If your using lightroom there is now a new version for download that supports the X10, ver 3.6.

Quote: Has anybody used both transparency film & the digital simulation to offer a comparison ?

Not played with it, but there`s loads of free actions to replicate film types.

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 14 Dec 2011 - 2:55 PM
James_G
James_G  7166 forum posts5 Constructive Critique Points
19 Sep 2012 - 11:44 PM

A question: I've just got a Fuji X10 and tried using it with studio lights (Bowens with a Pulsar radio remote) but it doesn't activate the flash. It's not a problem with the lights and transmitter as they work fine with Canon 5D. Am I doing something wrong? Is there some particular setting you need on the X10 to make it work with a remote and lights? Or is it just not designed to work with them?
Thanks for any help.
James.

Paul Morgan
20 Sep 2012 - 1:35 AM

Yes go to page 4 of the menu , set external flash to on.

Once this is set use the x10 in the same way as the 5D.

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 20 Sep 2012 - 1:37 AM
James_G
20 Sep 2012 - 4:17 PM

Thanks, Paul. I've found the 'external flash' on the menu, but it is greyed out and I can't access it. The camera is in manual mode, and the same happens if I put it in aperture priority. I'm doing something stupid, I can tell. Any clues?
James

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 85794 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
20 Sep 2012 - 4:19 PM

Is the camera in silent mode? The internal flash doesn't work unless silent mode is switched off - might be the same for external flash?

James_G
20 Sep 2012 - 4:26 PM

Result! Thanks Alison. Who would have thought that having the camera in silent mode would do that? But you're right. Have now got access to external flash option. But as I am at the office, can't try it on the external lights until I'm home! But I'm sure you've cracked it. Thanks...

James

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 85794 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
20 Sep 2012 - 4:28 PM

Excellent - hopefully that does indeed do the trick.

You're right - it's a pain having to switch it off stealth mode to use the flash - fortunately I don't use flash on that camera very often.

I've never thought to try it with the studio lights - another thing to add to my 'to do' list Smile

James_G
20 Sep 2012 - 4:41 PM

Well I've just got the lights so was playing with them with the 5d and all the Canon lenses I've got and then thought I'd give it a go with the X10, because it produces very sharp images so I thought I'd try some portraits with it...Fingers crossed...

cattyal
20 Sep 2012 - 4:48 PM

Oh have fun with the lights - they do make life so much easier! I need to do something for my 365 blog later so maybe I'll give it a go too....

James_G
20 Sep 2012 - 4:57 PM

Well having looked at your (excellent) portfolio, I can see you have a lot more experience of lights than me. But I do like the freedom they give you to control everything... (control freak, moi?)

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.