Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Fuji X10 group

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Snapper
Snapper  93706 forum posts United States Minor Outlying Islands3 Constructive Critique Points
12 Jan 2013 - 10:15 AM

Quote: Wow, and it's nearly 2 years old as well

I wish it had been out two years, I got one of the first when it was first released 14 months ago with a three digit serial number Smile

Oops, you're right. It was actually the X100 that was released in March 2011. SadSad

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
12 Jan 2013 - 10:15 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314931 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
12 Jan 2013 - 6:54 PM

Its a pretty good camera now its got to about its 200th firmware update Smile

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54226 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
23 Apr 2013 - 11:16 AM

I can now say I've joined the club. A nice little X10 being booted up right now. A bit late in the day, but I finally decided to go for it. Smile

Paul, not sure how old the model is - LCE said it was the old Jessops stock. No idea how to go about updating firmware. The booklet is quite good for operational instructions but no mention of firmware updates. I guess there's something on the disc - haven't got that far yet. Blush

Last Modified By SlowSong at 23 Apr 2013 - 11:18 AM
cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 95990 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
23 Apr 2013 - 11:37 AM

Congratulations - it's a lovely little camera and goes absolutely everywhere with meSmile

The firmware update is a doddle - but as I'm at work supposedly making my way through several huge piles of files I'd better stop writing and get working!

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54226 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
23 Apr 2013 - 11:55 AM

LOL! Know the feeling (files, that is). Used to work in insurance myself.
Can't wait for the battery to fill up. SmileSmileSmile

JawDborn
JawDborn e2 Member 2721 forum postsJawDborn vcard England
23 Apr 2013 - 12:47 PM

I bought a plastic lens cap for mine, On Amazon. It arrived quickly from Hong Kong, and cost about four quid. The big advantage over the metal cap supplied is that one can keep the plastic cap on when switching on the camera in order to view images.

rogerfry
rogerfry e2 Member 8501 forum postsrogerfry vcard United Kingdom
23 Apr 2013 - 1:40 PM

Quote: I bought a plastic lens cap for mine, On Amazon. It arrived quickly from Hong Kong, and cost about four quid. The big advantage over the metal cap supplied is that one can keep the plastic cap on when switching on the camera in order to view images.

You don't need to switch the camera on to view images......just hold down the play (green triangle) button for a couple of seconds, and the images are there. Push the button again to turn the camera off.

Last Modified By rogerfry at 23 Apr 2013 - 1:45 PM
JawDborn
JawDborn e2 Member 2721 forum postsJawDborn vcard England
23 Apr 2013 - 2:14 PM

Thank you, Roger. I'll go and do that before I forget. I'm still finding all kinds of buttons and menus on the camera, and still trying to master the basics. The image quality is amazing.

Cheers,

Jack

Rob_Taylor
Rob_Taylor  10659 forum posts Wales5 Constructive Critique Points
23 Apr 2013 - 6:02 PM

I'm another that arrived late at the party for the X10. Managed to get one as a bargain recently. Absolutely love it! Can't put it down!

SlowSong
23 Apr 2013 - 6:54 PM

Any suggestions for the best setting for noise reduction please? Getting noise the size of golf balls at the mo. Grin

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314931 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
23 Apr 2013 - 7:32 PM

Your a dark horse Chris, did you get it for a good price.

As for firmware you can check what version you have by holding down the display/backspace button at the time of switching on.

The latest firmware version is v2.

As for setting I have all set at "0" including noise reduction.

If its part of the old Jessops stock, then I don`t think it will be all that old.

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 23 Apr 2013 - 7:37 PM
779HOB
779HOB  2999 forum posts United Kingdom
23 Apr 2013 - 7:39 PM

Paul, this group is missing 2 things : 1 zero and an s!

Paul Morgan
23 Apr 2013 - 7:53 PM

I`ll see if I can add them Smile

Paul Morgan
23 Apr 2013 - 8:06 PM

All done Andrew Smile

779HOB
779HOB  2999 forum posts United Kingdom
23 Apr 2013 - 8:06 PM

Thank you Paul!!!!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.